What's Wrong With Me?

Options
2»

Replies

• Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Nothing is wrong with ypu but something may be wrong with what you are doing. I'm sure you will find it and fix it. I've been where you are with this process.
  • Poofy_Goodness
    Poofy_Goodness Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    What's "wrong" with you is that you are weighing yourself every day without realizing that your weight will fluctuate up to 5 pounds from day to day depending on how much you've eaten, how much you've exercised, where you are in your cycle, plus many other factors.

If you are going to weigh yourself every day, you need to understand what will cause weight fluctuations and that is perfectly normal to gain two pounds in a day. It doesn't matter if your weight shoots up 5 pounds in one day, as long as the overall trend is downward.

You have to know yourself. If you know that the scale jumping like this will have a negative effect on your mental health then weigh in weekly, upon waking, after peeing or pooping, and without any clothes on.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Don't expect miracles overnight.
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I lost 1.5 pounds overnight. I was up 3 times to pee. I don't worry too much about day to day fluctuation. I track each day's weight, but measure it week over week for the trend.

And I use whatever the scale says as motivation. Up weight? Gotta stay on track and keep working at it. Down weight? Yay, it's working! Gotta stay on track. It works for me (see ticker). YMMV.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    words to live by: Weight loss is not linear, your weight will go up and down daily

what I recommend since you weigh yourself everyday is to get an app that can track a trend in your weight (like Libra) that way you can see the trend and not the fluctuating numbers.
  • rhymeswithtexas
    Options
    Basically what everyone else said, but I also wanted to add that it being cold outside is no excuse for not exercising! You'll see results quicker with more exercise and a healthy diet. There are tons of free workouts available online for working out anywhere from outside to sitting at your desk. Feel free to message me if you need help finding some good ones!
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    As others have said check your sodium level. If you eat out log it per the restaurant's menu if possible to get the most accurate sodium count. I weigh myself daily and can definitely tell you that I easily gain a pound after a high salt day but then it will be gone plus some if I stay under on my sodium the next day.

Also if you're new to working out, your muscles are more likely to hold on to extra water. This effect should go down over time but may reoccur when you increase difficulty.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    You started a thread about not losing in 4 days? My weight fluctuates up to 7 pounds a day, depending on what I eat, what I drink, if I'm active.... Stop weighing yourself so often, pick one day a month to do that.
  • chopper_pilot
    chopper_pilot Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    once you have been working out twice a week consistently for several months, then analyze.

it's too early to have any feedback. you havent even finished a monthly cycle yet so you arent even used to what hormones do to the scale.

relax and focus only on proving you're in it this time for the long haul, no matter what the scale says on the daily.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    So you've been doing this for 4 days and expect results? Don't weigh so often, especially after eating out. Maybe weigh every two weeks. You can't expect results in a few days
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    36? I wish I could be 36 again!! Try 58 with an under-active thyroid!
    Seriously, you need to give this time, it works! I've been here since June and have logged consistently, weighed myself once a week and have lost around a pound a week, every week apart from the two weeks around Christmas :-)
    It's more important to weigh your food than it is to weigh yourself and, as everyone has already said, a high salt meal can give you some spectacular weight fluctuations.
    Stick with it, be patient, log everything you eat and keep up the exercise and you'll be a losing in no time. :flowerforyou:
  • thesimsisters
    thesimsisters Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    ....Log everything like a religious rite.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I :heart: this as it's so true!