Macros question

Options
So at the moment I am eating at a deficit because I am trying to lose weight/lower my body fat. I track my macros regularly and I usually have an easy time staying within. Actually I can never find a way to eat enough Protein but that is another story. I am usually on the go and sometimes I get fast food for one meal of the day. Like today I had mcdonalds for breakfast but if fast food fits within my macros for the day will I still see results as far as slimming down goes? Or do I just need to eat eggs,chicken,etc all day?

As far as protein, I eat 3-4 meals a day because I don't get hungry often and can't force myself to eat. I have protein powder but it tastes horrible. What else are some easy way to get protein without taking the time to cook?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    all that really matters for weight loss is eating less calories than you need to maintain your weight...that is all. If you consume less energy (calories) than your body needs then your body has to dip into energy reserves (fat stores) to compensate. Your macros are important to your overall nutrition, fitness objectives and ultimately body composition but mean pretty much jack **** to your actual weight loss.

I eat whatever I want...I just make sure I get proper nutrition...all of my vitamins and minerals, protein, and fats. I'm having pizza tonight as I do every Friday night...I've easily lost 40 Lbs and I'm at a healthy weight and BF% and I have the fitness level of a 20 year old boy at almost 40. What you eat is not nearly as important as how much you eat.
  • kamyers1289
    kamyers1289 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    If you eat McD's every now and then and IIFYM, you're fine. Says the lady planning to gorge herself on pizza tomorrow evening.
  • tracieangeletti
    tracieangeletti Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    In regards to body composition what is the most important to pay attention to? I think my understanding of this has been wrong. I am confused on how many carbs versus fats. I thought that when you were trying to lower bf% cutting back on carbs and eating more protein and fat was the way to go. Went to bodybuilding.com today and tried their macro calculator and found out this was wrong. It suggested a lot of protein, a good amount of carbs, and what I thought was a much lower fat allowance, especially trying to eat that much protein. Thoughts???