Should I switch my activity level?

Hey everyone!

I quit my waitressing job a few weeks ago and began counting calories again after falling off the map for about 4 months. At that time I changed my activity level from active to lightly active.
Last week, I gained 1/2 lb and this week gained 2 lbs. If I understand things correctly, I really don't think it's possible that I've actually gained 2 pounds of fat in a week, it is probably water retention, but seeing that number is scary, regardless.
Is it time for me to change to 'sedentary' or should I ride it out for another week or two to see what happens?
I've been over on calories some, but have tried to make up for it by eating less each day to make up for those over days.

I do sit a lot during the day now, but I'm not completely sedentary. I do the normal stuff...picking up around the house, letting the dog in/out every 5 seconds, cooking/light cleaning, and I exercise 4ish, 5ish? times a week. Have been eating those calories back too.
I'm 5'5" and according to scale this morning 152.2 pounds.

I appreciate any suggestions all of you wonderful, knowledgeable my fitness pals might have.

Thanks!

Replies

• ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    I would definitely change your setting to sedentary and begin logging intentional exercise.

Continue to eat exercise calories, if you feel that they are inflated (elliptical and zumba especially are inflated), try to eat at least 50%-80% of them.

Sedentary includes up to 5000 steps as well as normal household tasks.

I also doubt that you truly gained that much "fat" over this period of time, but you most likely maintained your weight and you're seeing the resulting water weight from your glycogen stores being restored.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I would definitely change your setting to sedentary and begin logging intentional exercise.

Continue to eat exercise calories, if you feel that they are inflated (elliptical and zumba especially are inflated), try to eat at least 50%-80% of them.

Sedentary includes up to 5000 steps as well as normal household tasks.

I also doubt that you truly gained that much "fat" over this period of time, but you most likely maintained your weight and you're seeing the resulting water weight from your glycogen stores being restored.

Pretty much this. If you use MFP to calculate your goal, you should add exercise separately anyway.