Running Log

Options
If you have a Garmin GPS device, you have GOT to download SportsTracks. It is a program that runs on your computer. I upload my workouts to online sites, but you never know when the website will be extinct or when they will start restricting information hoping you upgrade to the "PRO" version.

SportsTracks is a digital logbook that you keep on your desktop/laptop. You can hook up your Garmin and import directly into the program and it will input all of the data. It is a very valuable tool and gives you lots of ways to manipulate the data. It costs $35 for the pro version, but the trial version is fully functional (with a few limitations) and never expires.

http://zonefivesoftware.com/sporttracks/features.php

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    http://www.runningahead.com

Does the exact same thing, no download, 100% free across the board, access from anywhere.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper allows uploads from Garmin devices as well.
  • stplatt
    stplatt Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper is a good site. Grant you that, but it is not "free across the board". If you want the advanced features, you must upgrade to the elite plan for $20/year. The features that you get for $20/year, you have for free in sportstracks. Plus, when your data is entrusted to an online company, they have control. What if they decide that free users only have access to the previous 90 days of data? Then you are forced to upgrade.

While runkeeper is a great program and many people use it as their primary log, It is still valuable to have a local copy that the user can control. Food for thought.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Runningahead.com allows free mass downloading of data to XML and tab delimited.

Your Runkeepers and Endomondos allow you to download one file at a time, and is utterly ridiculous. I had to use the "exportomondo" app to mass download and then transfer to my computer. What garbage that site is.