Fitness Competition?

Options
Looking for someone experienced here to weigh in:

I'm generally fit - I typically work out about 4 days each week (run a couple times, lift weights a couple times). I've been running long distances for several years now and have done a couple of half marathons. My number one goal is to finish an Ironman triathlon, but I think that's pretty far in the future.

For a few reasons, I'm stepping away from distance/endurance sports for awhile and want to work on general fitness. However, I'm a very goal-driven person, so just saying "I'm going to get in shape" doesn't motivate me.

I want to train for a fitness competition. Not body building, but a couple steps below that, if that makes sense.

Any advice? Training tips? Cautions?

Thanks!

Replies

• imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Be dedicated to the gym, work hard when your there. You might benefit from hiring a coach, to get you on the right path, and eat as clean as you can....these are the fundamentals. I compete in fitness as well as figure and asa woman, not only do you have to be dedicated to stick with a stringent diet, cardio program and weight training regime, you also have to present yourself to a panel of judges who are not only critiquing you on your physique, but your presentation, style and femininity as well. you need to worry about everything, from your hair, to makeup to stage presence, what you're going to wear, your posing suit can make or break you and you need to have an attitude that will catch the judges attention...hope I helped!