Need easy lunches i can bring to school

Options
Hi guys!
School is starting in a few days so I was wondering if you guys had any good ideas for lunches to bring? Im looking for something that is nutritous and low calorie(under 400). Oh yea it should also be easy to make or something i can make in advance. I used to just bring PB&J but peanut butter is pretty fattening ><

Replies

• ashley_h10
    ashley_h10 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    peanut butter is pretty fattening but it is GOOD for you! Also if you just have it in moderation, like 2 tbsp on ur sandwich then it is only like 180 cals.

you could pack veggies like cherry tomatos & carrots and cucumbers with some low cal dip. Rice cakes with peanut butter on them, hard boiled eggs, tuna sandwiches are VERY good for you, easy to make and not so high cal
  • Hughes39
    Hughes39 Posts: 169
    Options
    peanut butter is pretty fattening but it is GOOD for you! Also if you just have it in moderation, like 2 tbsp on ur sandwich then it is only like 180 cals.

you could pack veggies like cherry tomatos & carrots and cucumbers with some low cal dip. Rice cakes with peanut butter on them, hard boiled eggs, tuna sandwiches are VERY good for you, easy to make and not so high cal
    I like her idea! :)
  • DaveSwan
    Options
    You don't necessarily need to have sandwiches for lunch. I quite often make a healthy meal (with lots of lovely veggies) the night before and take it to work in a plastic container. It is easier on the cooking if you make a couple of lunches worth in one go.
  • avrudy
    avrudy Posts: 1
    Options
    I really like turkey wraps. Use a whole grain tortilla and add fresh deli turkey, lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, onions, peppers (banana peppers are good). I prefer a lowfat vinigarette dressing on it or mustard, it's low cal. That plus a baggie of thin crips or carrots makes a great lunch!
  • xcbballuver
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I'll try out your ideas especially the turkey wrap. The turkey wrap sounds really yummy :D
  • etarre
    etarre Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I really like salads for lunch because you can top a basic salad mix or baby spinach with whatever you happen to be eating for dinner the night before. Making stir fry? Make an asian salad with ginger dressing. Having anything mediterranean? Put tomato, cucumber, and crumbled feta on top of your greens. Having Mexican? Add black beans, salsa, sour cream, corn, or avocado. If you build up a good selection of dressings, the flavor changes each time so you don't get as bored.