Hey Was wodering....

Options
Are Lean Cuisines Healthy? I just had one and it was actually good and as you should know it is a small portion. Yes I did get satisfied.

Replies

• trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Super high in sodium usually...
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    they have more sodium and more food addetives than if you prepared the same dishes yourself, but they are not inherently good nor bad.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    they have more sodium and more food addetives than if you prepared the same dishes yourself, but they are not inherently good nor bad.

They're also way more expensive than making it yourself.
  • Mswife09
    Mswife09 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Oh ok I see I thought they were healthy.
  • _John_
    Options
    if they fit into your schedule and your goal is weight loss and they help YOU eat at a caloric deficit and fit into your overall diet, there's no reason to stop eating them...
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    They can definitely be part of a healthy diet as long as you're aware of their pros and cons. No food by itself is inherently healthy or unhealthy. It's how your diet comes together as a whole that matters, as far as I'm concerned.
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    They're neither good nor bad. No, you shouldn't eat them all day everyday for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Yes, it's perfectly fine to eat them several times a week for quick lunch or dinner. I do, they fill me up. I eat veggies on the side with them.

A lot of people will say say they're unhealthy because they're scared of "chemicals" and additives, or sodium. It all comes down to how you feel about those things and how they fit into your plan. If they work for you, great, eat them!
  • Mswife09
    Options
    if they fit into your schedule and your goal is weight loss and they help YOU eat at a caloric deficit and fit into your overall diet, there's no reason to stop eating them...

i am trying to lose a lot of weight and it fits in because i don't really like breakfast or lunch so easy stuff like this helps me for breakfast i have the gnc lean shakes.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

^^He's right. It's really up to you. I personally wouldn't eat them all that often, but it's not like they're evil

PS: Please stop being all helpful and stuff Noob.. it's messing with my head.
  • _John_
    Options

I was blinded so much by my own white light that I missed the typo in the title...
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

I was blinded so much by my own white light that I missed the typo in the title...

I wodered what was wrong with you. Thanks for clarifying.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options

i am trying to lose a lot of weight and it fits in because i don't really like breakfast or lunch so easy stuff like this helps me for breakfast i have the gnc lean shakes.

If you don't like breakfast and lunch, then eat dinner food for your earlier meals. That's the good part of being an adult.

Spaghetti for breakfast and eggs for dinner!

You will find things that work, just try to get enough vegetables and protein - in any combination that works for you. I used to like them - haven't had a frozen dinner now in five years.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

They are not inherently good or bad, but you say you have a LC meal for lunch and a shake for breakfast, which is not necessarily bad, but it is not good, either. The focus at MFP is on lifestyle changes, and if you are replacing two of your meals with shakes and pre-packaged pre-portioned selections, you are setting yourself up for failure in the long run. Unless you plan on having a shake for breakfast and an LC for lunch every single day for the rest of your life, you're going to need to learn how to create balanced, correctly portioned meals that fit into your daily calorie goals.
  • Mswife09
    Options

They are not inherently good or bad, but you say you have a LC meal for lunch and a shake for breakfast, which is not necessarily bad, but it is not good, either. The focus at MFP is on lifestyle changes, and if you are replacing two of your meals with shakes and pre-packaged pre-portioned selections, you are setting yourself up for failure in the long run. Unless you plan on having a shake for breakfast and an LC for lunch every single day for the rest of your life, you're going to need to learn how to create balanced, correctly portioned meals that fit into your daily calorie goals.

No I do not because my body gets tired of the same foods. I would just do it the days that I do not feel like making anything. but i do make egg whites with toast or hard boil eggs with toast the days I do feel like making breakfast or lunch those things are just the days i am not up for it.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

Nothing wrong with them. I ate a lot of them when I was losing weight and I had no issues with them :smile:
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

I ate LCs and Smart Ones quite a bit while I was starting out losing weight. They were a great place to start with, as I was learning portion control and how to count calories. As I moved along in the process I had no problem transitioning away from them as I got more comfortable with portion sizes and moderation of other foods I liked. I'm now in maintenance and haven't had a frozen dinner in months and I'm maintaining just fine :smile:
  • Mswife09
    Options
    Thank You everyone and no the frozen stuff isn't an everyday thing.