Does anyone else feel cold when they diet?

Options
2»

Replies

• ruthlesswr
    ruthlesswr Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Yep I'm ALWAYS cold now it seems!
    Ruth
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I am always cold... I live in Maine though.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    how's your iron intake? a lot of people cut out red meat and dark poultry, etc when they diet and don't get enough iron. iron deficiencies lead to anemia which makes you cold all the time. if you're not eating much in the way of red meat or poultry and not supplementing with other iron rich foods then you may very well have an iron deficiency.

To some extent, shedding fat is also shedding insulation and thus you'd be colder as well...but it's pretty important to watch your iron intake. Women in general tend to be iron deficient anyway because they don't tend to eat as much meat as men. As a general rule, women tend to have more instances of anemia then men.
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Oh, definitely. It only makes sense--I no longer have a "blubber layer".
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'm always cold. I wish I was only cold when dieting. ;_;
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I think losing all those layers of body fat makes a big difference. I'm down about 75 pounds since Dec 2012.

This last summer, we had one of the hottest summers ever in Utah with something like 18 days at or above 100 (tied the all time record) While it was uncomfortable some of the time, I didn't have the "OMG I CAN'T STAND THE HEAT" feeling that I would have had in the past.

Now that it's winter, going outside feels a lot colder than in the past. As I commute by train and it's about 10 minutes walking between the station and office, I've taken to wearing a hoodie underneath my winter coat and wearing mittens as well as gloves.
  • callyart
    callyart Posts: 209
    Options
    That is strange. I have been freezing the last couple of nights and struggled to get out of bed because of it in the morning.

Better layer up!