Hunger caused by tiredness

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some advice on how to curb my hunger and keep my energy level up when tired.

I'm a mum to three young children, with the youngest being 10 weeks and still feeding at night.
When I'm tired I crave sweet thing, quick sugar fixes. I know it is bad, but find the habit so hard to break. Don't know how else to make it through the day!!

Any advicce??

Thanks

Replies

• 3boysunder3
    3boysunder3 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pdehoog
    pdehoog Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm not actually sure if this is going to be of any help but would it be possible to divide your meals in parts so you can eat more times during the day? That way you can keep your energylevels up.
  • 3boysunder3
    3boysunder3 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks that does actually help, as I'm very bad at that. Forget to eat and then eat a big meal or lots of junk =(
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Also make sure you have healthy snacks to hand, like nuts, raisins, fruit etc, and have a decent breakfast, like eggs or porridge (oatmeal).

I also find that hot drinks like tea or coffee fill me up for a bit.

I'm 26 weeks pregnant with my 3rd, so I'll be taking my own advice in a few weeks :laugh:
  • littleandysmom
    littleandysmom Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Late at night is when I fight my craving for sweets. Do you have any dark chocolate. I usually get 72% dark...for me, anything more is just really bitter. It's not like a hersey's milk chocolate bar.....1 or 2 pieces help fulfill the craving where the hersey's bar, I'd normally eat the whole thing and still be hungry.
    I'm the mom of 3 boys too! When my youngest was still nursing, I got into the habit of eating non stop at night and it's been a battle breaking this habit!!!

Good luck!