Running indoors..

slimmingsiobhan
slimmingsiobhan Posts: 54
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey guys,

I know sounds silly, maybe, but I've really not got the confidence to go out there running right now as I live in a built up area of houses with basically nowhere but streets to run along and feel that I'd not enjoy the run like I want to.. So..my question is;

Do you guys think it would be alright, until I'm a little quicker and more used to my pace etc to jog on the spot indoors? My cousin has been doing this and has shed some pounds, just wondered if anyone else does this, for example on the wii fit and has found it okay?

Sorry for rambling been up since 4am with a 7mnth old :) haha xx

Replies

• sharonuk10
    sharonuk10 Posts: 277
    I jog indoors along with wii active sports. When I started it was hard to keep up with the trainer on there now I outrun her. And when we go out to the parks for a walk I have added in some jogging now since I got used to it with the wii. Usually not too many people around. Not sure where you are located.. I am in outer London. So have a few parks to get out too.
  • mark996
    mark996 Posts: 184 Member
    30 minutes of jogging in place is said to burn around 800 calories, so yeah, I'd say that works pretty well eh? I usually find a park or some trails to run, a lot of fun and a good endurance builder.
  • Tems
    Tems Posts: 16
    I think it is a pretty good workout. I use my wii-fit and I do break into a sweat. So why not...
    You do build up stamina.
    After jogging on the spot for 2weeks using wii-fit I had the confidence to jog on a treadmill today:wink:
  • Adusenka
    Adusenka Posts: 108 Member
    I know I actually did the same thing! :) So it's definitely not weird or smt :) I don't know how about you but I had some anxiety issues and now I am able to run outside pretty normally (probably has something to do with me being in my college flat all the time in a much bigger city :) )

stay strong :)
This discussion has been closed.