How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
I was just wondering how often people weigh themselves? I usually do it once a month I find it keeps me motivated to really work hard to reach my goal for that month. I was just curious how often other people weigh themselves and why.

Replies

• iamthesweenmachine
    iamthesweenmachine Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    once a week, on Friday mornings.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Daily for me. I realise though that the long term trend is more important than day to day because it fluctuates
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    Only when I go to the doctor. That's it.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Daily and log it in a spreadsheet, to keep track of fluctuations. If you weigh, say, once a week, you could fluctuate on the one day that you weigh and feel bad for staying the same or gaining, when actually you've lost weight.

Plus it makes a pretty graph to look back on.
  • leapsonbounds
    leapsonbounds Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Every day. It keeps me honest. If I don't weigh myself I fool myself.
  • jamiebxo
    jamiebxo Posts: 116
    Options
    Whenever I feel like it, so that could be daily, every few days or every week, occasionally every few weeks but I try to weigh in at least once a week.
  • kazzsjourney2goal
    kazzsjourney2goal Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Daily...but I've been doing this a long time so I understand my body fluctuations

:)
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and keep a spreadsheet. I find it really useful to track my fluctuations as well as the net losses.
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    once a week when I'm serious, twice weekly when I'm super serious. NEVER more than that because I personally get discouraged by the daily fluctuations
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Daily. I like to keep track of all of my fluctuations.
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    DesireeLovesOrganic Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    every other day ish.
  • red869
    red869 Posts: 59
    Options
    I weigh weekly. It works best for me I think. Some weeks I don't lose anything, but that's fine. As long as I know I'm doing what I can to lose weight and am headed in the right direction, that's all that matters.
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily but record it once a week. Usually Sat or Sunday.

I step on the scale daily so I can keep myself in check. I dont expect to see significant changes and rarely do I but if I see an increase, I think back to what I did the day before and try to figure out how those foods or activities affect my body. If I am holding or gaining consistently I will go back to the food diary and see what the culprit was.

I dont obsess over it though. If I stay the same, great. If I lose, great. If I gain, great ... but I hope it was fun and do better next time.
  • stepheatscake
    stepheatscake Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Every Friday
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Daily and I graph it. Part of my maintenance plan :smile:
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Every day. I look for a "new low" and log it when it happens, which tends to happen in a jump on Saturdays or Sundays for some reason. I'm not really sure why this is hardly ever only 0.2lbs down or the like. It usually comes in at least half pound increments.

I started graphing it when I began bulking, because just getting a new high didn't mean much (more water, salt, carbs, constipation, TOM, whatever) and I needed to look for trends. One day a week/month could be extremely misleading.

I like the 1 month thing, because you could get a "big" number, but I'm fine with my increments.
  • ladytiburona
    ladytiburona Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The first of each month. I can't look at the scale more often without stressing.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Once per year. I mean day. Every day.
  • heatherxmichelle
    Options
    Every day. I'm bad! I found that my usual weightloss day is Tuesday though.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Every day. Geeky data collection.