Caribbean Turkey and Sweet Potato Chili
    1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
    1 1/4 lb ground turkey
    1 tsp bottled minced garlic
    1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
    1 can (15 oz) sweet potatoes rinsed, drained and diced
    1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with onion
    1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth/stock
    1 cup mango nectar (Kerns or Goya brand)
    1 packet mild chili seasoning mix (McCormick)
    1/2 tsp ground allspice
    chopped fresh cilantro (optional)

Heat oil in skillet. Add turkey and garlic, stir until brown.Add broth, beans, potatoes, tomatoes, seasoning packet, nectar, and allspice. Bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer for 10 minutes. Serve into bowls, top with fresh cilantro. Makes 4 servings.
  • Aquamum9
    Options
    Something so easy and delicious that I do that is also very filling - sautee chopped green peppers and chopped red onions in olive oil, sautee the ground turkey in olive oil, combine together with a tomato sauce and voila - it is SO tasty!!! :smile:
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I make white bean chili with ground turkey as well as my own version of wedding soup, you make tiny turkey meatballs add with kale or spinach to a veggie broth. with tomatoes and spices = Yummy! Turkey meatloaf is also delish.

Oh and I made Stuffed peppers for my BF's birthday dinner in Dec with Turkey! They were divine! :love:
  • hotjodels
    hotjodels Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    stuffed peppers, meat loaf, chili, or maybe meatball sandwiches. pretty much anything you would make with ground beef. : ]
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Ground turkey stir fry with your choice of veg. I use baby corn,pea shoots, dif types of carrots, and water chestnuts. Whatever spices you prefer. We like spicy at our house.
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I make a batch of turkey chili every few weeks. 241 calories a cup, and only 264 mg of sodium.

Jenni O Ground Turkey Breast 99% Fat Free - Meat, 20 oz
    Beans - Kidney, cooked, boiled, without salt, 6 cup
    2 Mccormick - Chili Seasoning Mix - 30% Less Sodium, 1 container (4 tbsp dry mix (9g) ea.)
    Del Monte - Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes No Salt Added, Corrected, 2 container (1 4/5 cups ea.)
    Medium - Yellow Onion, 1 medium

I add enough water to make 10 cups of chili.
  • Seascale18
    Options
    Asian lettuce wraps-

turkey, green onions, water chestnuts, carrots, garlic, hoisin sauce-stir fry together and serve in a lettuce wrap

Great idea, I'm trying this!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,708 Member
    Options
    If you like spicy Asian food try Ma Po Tofu or Nam Prik Ong. Original recipes call for ground pork, but turkey would make a good substitute in either dish.

http://chinesefood.about.com/od/tof1/r/mapotofu.htm
    http://www.cookasianfood.com/thailand/thai-recipe-ground-pork-nam-prik-ong/
  • joaneebabee_123
    joaneebabee_123 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this tonight, so I can't say if it's good or not, but it looks good...

http://wearychef.com/baked-meatballs/
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Just going to make a huge list of what I use ground turkey in, then you can take your pick lol...

-Tacos
    -Spaghetti
    -Meatballs
    -Meatloaf
    -Chili
    -Stuffed Peppers
    -Cheeseburger Casserole
    -Mini Meat Puffs (use the Pillsbury cresent rolls)
    -Lasagna
    -Mac and Cheese and Turkey (Believe it or not it is actually really, really good lol)
    -Soups
    -Sloppy Turkey Joe's
  • kwedman488
    kwedman488 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Everybody else has probably already beaten me to it but I'll list mine off for you since I use extra lean ground turkey for every big meal I make just about. And I know the first few I list are ones that you didn't want, but I'll put them just in case :)
    Taco salad (with lettuce, not chips)
    Turkey Burgers
    Turkey chili
    Turkey Sloppy Joes
    Turkey Meatloaf
    Turkey meatball sub
    Turkey Sausage Biscuits with Gravy (I made these and one large biscuit is about 135 cals, gravy is more or less calorie free since I use corn starch and water as a thickener instead of butter and flour)
    Turkey Lasagna (instead of noodles I I used thin slices of zucchini, lengthwise)

You can also add seasonings to it to make it turkey sausage and put it in scrambled eggs or omlettes, or stuff a bell pepper with it-my roommate loves doing that. You can make turkey sausage patties and use them to make a breakfast sandwich with eggs and cheese on an English muffin
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    Options
    I love ground turkey; it's so versatile. You can also make Chili and turkey meatloaf or meatloaf muffins as well.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    Options
    I love ground turkey; it's so versatile. You can also make Chili and turkey meatloaf or meatloaf muffins as well.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    Turkey Chili is awesome, you can do a double poultry whammy by making turkey scotch eggs, (just wrap the turkey around the egg instead of sausage.

I may brown some up with curry seasoning and use it throughout the week on salad, wraps, or throw it into some eggs with vegetables and coriander for a scramble.

Like liftingmommy said, meatloaf muffins are awesome...you can also do this fun little take on cheeseburger muffins....just mix ground turkey some cheese, relish ketchup onions and brown it a bit, and then stuff it inside some corn muffins and bake. Delicious!

Ingredients
    1 1/2 lb ground turkey
    1/2 cup ketchup
    1/3 cup dill pickle relish
    2 tablespoons yellow mustard
    4 oz cream cheese (half of 8-oz package)
    1 teaspoon Onion Powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
    1can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury Flaky Layers biscuits (8 biscuits)
    1 large egg Egg
    1 teaspoon water
    2 tablespoons sesame seed

Steps
    Heat oven to 350°F. In 12-inch skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in ketchup, relish, mustard, cream cheese, onion powder, salt and pepper. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted and mixture is creamy. Reduce heat to low.
    Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Using serrated knife, split each biscuit in half horizontally. Press 1 biscuit half into about 4-inch round. In ungreased non-stick jumbo muffin pan, press round in bottom and 1/2 to 3/4 of the way up side of muffin cup. Repeat with remaining biscuit halves.
    Divide beef mixture evenly among biscuits in cups. Top with remaining biscuit halves, stretching slightly to cover beef mixture and slightly pressing edges to bottom biscuits to seal.
    In small bowl, beat egg and water until well blended; brush on top biscuits. Sprinkle with sesame seed.
    Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Cool in pan 5 minutes before serving.

I don't usually go by recipes, but I looked through this page before and had it bookmarked with plenty of ground turkey recipes. I just remembered how fantastically awesome sloppy joes are with ground turkey

http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2013/02/50-delicious-ground-turkey-recipes.html
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Shepards pie! and instead of all the potatoes, use 3 small potatoes and a head of cauliflower. SO good I made it the other night.
  • page8040
    page8040 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You can enter in any number of things you already have at home and it will spit out recipes... Good luck!

http://www.supercook.com/
  • JayDavila
    JayDavila Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You can do a pretty good version of Shepard/Pot pie with ground turkey,

Turkey
    Corn
    Green Peas
    Carrots
    Sweet Potato
    Celery
    Chopped Peppers and Onions
    Season with: Basil, Garlic, Cracked Pepper, Chili powder (if you like spicy), you can add mushrooms,
    Sorry I didn't post an actual recipe but I'm on my phone.
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    http://www.tastebook.com/recipes/2107963-Roasted-Chili-Relleno-with-Ground-Turkey

If you like spicy this is for you. You can also tweak this to fit your taste. I like making a miniature version with jalapenos
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I love turkey meatballs. It's SO easy, just 1lb ground turkey (I get 93% lean), 1/3 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs, and 1 egg. Mix, form into 12 balls, bake on a baking sheet (sprayed with pam/olive oil spray) at 350 for about 20 min. Perfect!