Eating while not hungry

Options
My extreme appetite is going away yet I still tried to stuff my face. I ended up burning 854 calories today (most I have every burned in a lonnnnng time).. But when I ate breakfast I didnt stop when I felt full and I did the same for dinner.

I use to eat 2 1/2 plates of food and get hungry every couple of hours and now I'm down to eating half a plate and staying full for 5-6 hours.

Have no idea why I just pushed myself to eat more this gave me a tummy ache. Is this adjusting time or something?

Replies

• craigheon
    craigheon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have noticed with exercise, my appetite has gone through the roof too. I could eat a horse. Just keep it in check and stay under your calorie count if you are looking to lose the weight.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Protein really helps to keep the empty hungry feelings away. If you are like most women, you like comforting carbs. My experience was that after about a week of eating more protein, that empty, unsatisfied feeling went away.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    have you changed the type of stuff you are eating? sometimes things we eat can keep up feeling fuller longer than something that's higher volume.

also depending on he type of workouts you are doing that might take away your appetite. i find that when i do mainly high intensity stuff that causes me to get into the anaerobic heart range, my appetite decreases
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Protein really helps to keep the empty hungry feelings away. If you are like most women, you like comforting carbs. My experience was that after about a week of eating more protein, that empty, unsatisfied feeling went away.
    is this like a scientific thing?
  • turtleball
    turtleball Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    have you changed the type of stuff you are eating? sometimes things we eat can keep up feeling fuller longer than something that's higher volume.

also depending on he type of workouts you are doing that might take away your appetite. i find that when i do mainly high intensity stuff that causes me to get into the anaerobic heart range, my appetite decreases

Before the diet I was eating processed fried foods, now I just bake and cook everything and I try to do it without butter.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Up your protein after a workout or make a protein shake for when you leave the gym

Before the gym try having a banana, by having these two things before and after may kerb your appetite