Question about TDEE - 25% and weightloss

Options
I am currently doing TDEE - 25% which allows me 1549 calories per day. Now, if I lose weight (say 10 lbs) will I need to recalculate my numbers and eat at the new number, to avoid plateaus and keep losing weight? Losing 10 lbs will net me 1498 calories per day. Losing 20 lbs will net me 1449 calories per day. The numbers keep going down and down and down, but all numbers are above my BMR. I don't like the idea of eating less, but I may have to. Is this normal?

Replies

• Dori_Gaga
    Dori_Gaga Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    When you lose weight, your BMR will change. But don't just change your intake because you lost weight. If you continue losing weight, leave it. If you hit a plateau, adjust it.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    you can use a counter like something here. http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/

this will have you eating at the calorie level of your goal weight which means that you shouldnt have to change calories, you will just see an adjust in the amount of weight you lose per week

if you have a significant amount of weight to lose then it it advise you to pick an interim goal so as to avoid not going too low for your current weight