Insanity workout nutrition advice?

Options
The guide provided with the Insanity series suggests I consume 2,600 calories per day to lose weight. MFP says I should only consume 1,950. Everyone i've talked to about Insanity says that for the best results you should follow the nutrition plan as best you can. Any advice on the nutrition plan for Insanity? Should I really be consuming 2,600 calories daily? I'm starting in a few days and would love to get the nutrition right the first time.

Replies

• tmuellenberg
    tmuellenberg Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I've typically found the Insanity nutrition guide to be a little too high. I started at 217 lbs, for the first month didn't follow the nutrition guide and didn't lose any weight, then in month 2 I decided to eat between 2000-2100 calories and lost 17 lbs that month. So maybe start out a little lower than 2600. I would just pick a level, stick with it and see how your body reacts because the numbers are just general guidelines. Feel free to add me as a buddy and we can talk more nutrition!
  • kmariin
    Options
    Hi I know this is from a female perspective but I had the same questions regarding the amount of calories you should consume on the meal plan. I need to hit 1,900 which scared me! I researched this topic a lot and everywhere I read said FOLLOW THE MEAL PLAN FOR MAX RESULTS! I hit 1,8000 calories yesterday, I am only on day 3 but I plan on following the advice and hit between 1,700-1,900 a day. Feel free to add me so I can see if sticking with those recommended calories is working.
  • mattwabrams
    Options
    I guess I should go with 2,400 calories for now and see where it goes. I know they say to follow the nutritional plan exactly but that's a ton of calories. Any advice on protein shakes for Insanity? Right now im using GNC AMP Wheybolic 60 but im going to run out shortly. Just wondering if there's another protein shake that seemed to work well.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    thats about what i'm eating now.

<<<< triathlete and lifter

try full fat foods, like whole milk and avocados. nuts are great, as is greek yogurt and cottage cheese.
  • kmariin
    Options
    I guess I should go with 2,400 calories for now and see where it goes. I know they say to follow the nutritional plan exactly but that's a ton of calories. Any advice on protein shakes for Insanity? Right now im using GNC AMP Wheybolic 60 but im going to run out shortly. Just wondering if there's another protein shake that seemed to work well.

I am just doing a whey protein shake with almond milk. They recommend shakeology its loaded with great nutrients but its really expensive. So I ordered green essentials today to add more nutritional value to the shakes because I can afford shakeology. Hope this helps. And Ive still been sticking with the high calories and meal plan and have already began to tone and lose inches.
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    The nutrition guide tells me to eat like 2100 calories, i cannot eat that much. First time i did insanity i ate 1800, this round im at 1700 (my TDEE-20% is like 1660 but i am slowly bringing myself down)
    We'll see what happens
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I didn't bother with it. I just cleaned up my diet, ate 5 real meals per day and had cheat meals on Friday and Saturday nights plus a few beers (this was before MFP, before people jump on me for 'cheat' meals). I still lost 1.5 stone this way.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Im not folowing the guide....I lost 5lbs in two weeks. I startrd week 3 yesterday