going over on sugar CONSTANTLY

Options
But it is pretty much because of fruit. I am not mad thinking fruit is good for me . I normally do have sugar cube in my coffee and honey or jam in my yoghurt but that never amounts too much.
I may have been browsing through the message boards for too long but should I be paying attention to my sugars from fruits ?

I seriously dont think id even consider cutting them out I start going stir crazy and crave the weirdest things and start dreaming about eating pineapple if i dont get fruit each day, just curious what you all think !

Replies

• Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I don't even track sugar and it hasn't affected my weight loss. Enjoy your fruit (and the other treats in moderation). I track fiber instead.
  • smileymaxine
    smileymaxine Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    just changed my settings , from sugar to fibre need to rethink a few things
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Yes, I definitely think you'll be happier. Sounds to me like you have a good plan going already. And thanks for the add. :flowerforyou:
  • hotjodels
    hotjodels Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I don't even track sugar and it hasn't affected my weight loss. Enjoy your fruit (and the other treats in moderation). I track fiber instead.
    This is my exact thought. I feel like unless you are diabetic and need to track sugar intake that tracking fiber is the better choice.
  • smileymaxine
    Options
    I already have stomach issues joys of being a coeliac , should really have been tracking my fibre all along
  • Myxalplyx
    Myxalplyx Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I notice when I keep my sugar low, I actually do not have as much energy as I would like. It's doable! You can keep it really low, without fruits but it seems a lot of people here disregard the sugar intake that is reported from fruits. Here is a link to one of many articles on fruits, sugars and diabetes. http://www.healthcentral.com/heart-disease/c/1435/103610/diabetes?ic=506048

I'm no expert so I can not recommend either way. I don't eat fruit everyday and when I do, I try to eat it before I exercise for that extra boost it is 'supposed' to give. Either way, here's to good health. Good luck!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I already have stomach issues joys of being a coeliac , should really have been tracking my fibre all along

Agreed. I have never once tracked sugar in the past 2.5 years. No real need unless you're diabetic or have some sort of similar medical issue.
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and I still don't track sugar. As long as you don't have a medical condition that is affected by ingesting sugar, I wouldn't really worry about it.

I agree with the above poster. Enjoy your fruits. I know I do! I have chocolates too as long as they fit into my calorie count.
  • gypsyone96
    Options
    Why is it better to track fiber than sugar?
  • MissGamerGirl
    MissGamerGirl Posts: 187 Member
    Options

You can make this change?! Ohhh, I need to do this! :)
  • smileymaxine
    Options

You can make this change?! Ohhh, I need to do this! :)

Yeh just go onto your diary setting and pick which categories show up !