65% of women in U.S. have eating disorders

Options
2»

Replies

• FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    For men the pressure seems to be more for bulking up. When my son was in his teens he was wondering about steroids. Fortunately I was able to set him straight in a hurry, but I gathered some of his friends were experimenting.

My older stepbrother has bulemia, which is much rarer for men than for women. It wrecked his kidneys, plus he smokes like a chimney. Needless to say he looks very unhealthy. But with him it's more about lack of self-esteem and clinical depression, not looks.
  • nguill6
    nguill6 Posts: 133
    Options
    I scored a 29 but I don't think this test is accurate for everyone. I recently started a vegan lifestyle so I did cut out whole food groups, and do I have to think about food constantly (until I get used to it anyway). Also I've done my research on fasting and if done in moderation the occasional fast can be beneficial to the body. Though I do admit, my aim isn't to be healthy, it's to run in a bikini and not jiggle. If so many women have eating disorders then why are the majority overweight in America?
  • junkgypsy
    junkgypsy Posts: 217
    Options
    I scored a 29 but I don't think this test is accurate for everyone. I recently started a vegan lifestyle so I did cut out whole food groups, and do I have to think about food constantly (until I get used to it anyway). Also I've done my research on fasting and if done in moderation the occasional fast can be beneficial to the body. Though I do admit, my aim isn't to be healthy, it's to run in a bikini and not jiggle. If so many women have eating disorders then why are the majority overweight in America?

Because there are disorders that involve overeating as well? Maybe.
    Not sure.

I flip-flopped for a while between anorexia, bulimia, and compulsive overeating.
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    bump

i know i have an eating disorder.:cry:
    i'll quiz myself tomorrow.:sick:
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    lol im still not happy with the test....i dont think i have an eating disorder per say, maybe i dont make the best decisions or havent in the past, but u can say that about every person dangit.... people make unwise choices here or there...pssh@46 *shakes her head and kicks the dang test* :laugh: :laugh:
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    i scored 52:cry:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Haven't taken the test yet but I know it'll be bad. I've had issues in the past.
    FYI: there are plenty of men with eating disorders. Daniel Johns (lead singer of Silverchair) has struggled his entire life. There are also plenty of men and women that struggle with over eating. This article didn't touch on that very much, it's one of the causes of obesity. I'll post my score when I finish.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Okay I scored a 37. I'm a vegetarian (always have been), I had my daughter at 18...there's bound to be dieting after that, and I've always weighed less that what I'm supposed to. I only hit 120 when I was pregnant. I'm only 5 feet tall and very thin framed. I wouldn't say that the test is very fair.
  • PurpleBananaSocks
    Options
    I scored 38..hmm. Ah well.
  • PurpleBananaSocks
    Options
    I scored 38..hmm. Ah well.