Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Adding other walking speeds to the site

:smile: Does anyone know how to add other options besides 3.5 or 4.0?....Alot of times I'll do 3.8 uphill or other speeds. It's only giving some options for walking....Help...how do you add all speeds?

Im loving this site. I plan my day for what Im going to eat all day. It's great & already lost 4 lbs..

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    If you vary your speed you can just do walking and enter it yourself, but you have to know the calories
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    I usually walk about 3.8 also. When I post it to MFP, I split my time between 3.5 and 4.0. Also, when the speed is higher than 4.0, log it as jogging. That was has a 5.0 speed.
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    type in for example - my walking - when it does't come up as an exercise, scroll down a bit and it will say don't see what you are looking for, add exercise.

you can add your own.

i personalize the title of mine like: V's walking 4.8 w/HRM. i get the calories burned off my HRM.
  • rescuepete
    rescuepete Posts: 58 Member
    If you plan to walk a lot, I advise getting a heart rate monitor that calculates your precise caloric loss, and that way you don't have to rely on MFP's walking algorithms based on their limited speeds.
  • Thank you