Dang and blast!

Options
Skylark74
Skylark74 Posts: 58 Member
So I restarted a week ago, and all was going swimmingly or so I thought.

Not so.....:grumble:

Apart from 1 tiny blip yesterday where I just missed my daily target (+29 calories) I've been at or under my daily goal. I've drunk plenty of water and I even managed to get off my backside a couple of times this week and do a bit of exercise. Then I go to weigh in this morning and I now weigh more than when I started....... :noway:

I know that it's not a big increase and it'll come off if I stick to the plant but it's very disheartening and I'm sorry but I just felt the need to have a bit of a moan.

:ohwell: Now I've done that I've had some bran cereal & a banana for breakfast and am ready to face the day.

Thanks for being here for me to get this off my chest :):flowerforyou:

Replies

• jigsaw_me
    jigsaw_me Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Great attitude, I have the same thing - still ... (scales bounce back up after they've gone down for me).

Give it another couple of weeks, if the scales are still moving the wrong way then it's time to re-evaluate.
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    It's typically sometimes, from what I see on here, for your body and muscles to retain water to adjust when beginning to change diet and exercise habits. I just started back up and on day 11 and just starting to see the scale move. Plus I think it's a lot of trial and error to get the combo of diet and exercise that works best for you. Give it another week and if still nothing, trying adjusting your macros or increasing/switching up workouts. So just keep it up and adjust as necessary and I think you'll see results.

Best of luck!
  • Brabrat
    Options
    We often give the scales far too much power in our quest for well being dont let the numbers dictate your journey. Bodys weight changes for all sorts of reasons fluid retention, muscle gain , constipation , hormonal changes etc ect ....
    Its a roller coaster ride we all have to endure unfortunately Hang in there I know how those scale, and calorie numbers can really get inside your head they can make us have a good day or a bad day , the reality is They have no power unless we give it to them..
  • ThePeculiar
    Options
    If the scales are going to mess with your head, you should put them away. Your weight at any given moment isn't an accurate reflection of anything; there are too many variables. If you log everything honestly and stay on track, eventually you will progress. Take measurements and photos and use those as measures instead. If you can take the stress, weigh yourself several times a day for a week and see how much fluctuation there really is, then maybe one moment won;t freak you out. Scales are the devil's invention and derail too many people.
  • MadeinChelseaGirl
    MadeinChelseaGirl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Water retention! Keep going, it is just a phase. Good luck!
  • Cristlefir
    Cristlefir Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    The first couple of weeks are always the hardest, and you don't want to get into a habit of obsessing over the scale. Give yourself some time to make a routine and your body will adapt with you! One week isn't enough time for your body to understand what you're trying to do, so it's probably reacting by retaining more water weight. Once you get going a bit longer, you'll find that weight starts falling off!

A lot goes into weight loss, more than the scale can tell you. There will be ups and downs during the ENTIRE PROCESS, so don't let it get you down! I suggest taking measurements so that you can see where your body is REALLY changing in inches. You'll be surprised at what you find after the first month!

Keep it up! Give yourself more time and be kind to yourself during the process! This is a long journey and you won't see the kind of results you want right away. It takes time and dedication. :)
  • Skylark74
    Skylark74 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the amazing feedback - really helpful.

So I took the advice given and checked my measurements and I'm happy to report that I've lost 1/2 in from my neck and 1 in from my waist. I'll try and get some piccies taken - unfortunately I haven't really got a big mirror but I'll see what I can work out.