NEW....HELP PLAN MY DAY

Options
I joined a few minutes ago. My 1st day will be tomorrow. Have to get use to counting calories...Hope its easy enough..Can't wait to see the weight melt off :).....your help and motivation will really help...

Replies

• amandasilva
    amandasilva Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I joined a few minutes ago. My 1st day will be tomorrow. Have to get use to counting calories...Hope its easy enough..Can't wait to see the weight melt off :).....your help and motivation will really help...

The first step has already been taken :)

Good luck with getting to your goals!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site. This site makes it so easy and makes us aware of what we are eating. You can do it. Just take it one day at a time......
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I've only been doing this a week and a half, but here's some advice I've gotten so far.

1) try to include some protein with your breakfast, and don't skip breakfast.

2) workout after you eat, but not within a half hour of eating.

3) make sure you are getting your water intake every day! HYDRATE HYDRATE HYDRATE!

4) Set your food log to track sugars and sodium. You'll be surprised at how easy it is to go over.

5) Avoid processed foods as much as possible, and check the nutrition labels before you buy.

I've been a member for 10 days and lost 6 lbs so far! Best of luck to you! Feel free to add me if you wish! :)
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome! It is easy enough counting your calories. I have also found that pre-planning what I am going to eat for the day really helps as well. Remember that nutrition is only half of the battle, you want to start exercising too. :D
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    My food journal is public if you need ideas.
    Any questions, just ask.
    Good luck!
    Steph:flowerforyou:
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    oh - another thing - make sure that you go read the NEWBIE posts - they are a MUST read as they will explian a lot. That way you avaoid asking the same questions that 100's of people before you have already asked.
    And, use the search tool in the mesage borads. It's a great tool to use, once again, to avoid asking the same questions that have been asked before.
    Anything else let me know!
    Steph
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Don't stress about it . . . just eat . . . and log every morsel. Until you get used to how your choices effect your daily totals it is hard to change. I spent the first few months running to log into MFP before I ate anything to make sure it was within my totals for that day. It gets easier as you learn . . . and this means making some mistakes along the way. I have learned more about myself from my "bad" days . . . and now am proud to say that I haven't had one in months.
  • Gadijajap
    Options
    Thank you All! I'm already feeling very motivated.....1 day at a time :)
  • fitboricua
    fitboricua Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Welcome...first step is done. Now keep it coming and take little steps that way you can make life changes and see great results.

Im here if you need support and motivation.

Cynthia
  • yellowcorvettegirl
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I think you will be surprised at how easy it is to keep track of what you're eating using this site. Also, the support network is great! Good luck with your weight loss!!

Kim
  • SFC_East
    SFC_East Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Water, water, water, and more water.