Where did this extra weight come from?

Options
Actually I know. Now comes the hard part- losing the extra weight and keeping it off. Up until now and even after having children I was always able to maintain a healthy weight but lately and as I get older I see the scale slowly going higher and higher. Long gone are the days of eating what I want when I want but that's ok. I love healthy/whole foods and I used to run so I'm going to jump in head first and get cracking on the new and improved me. Hope to find a few friends here going through the same! Looking forward to getting fit!

Replies

• Cristlefir
    Cristlefir Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    That's a great attitude! No excuses! We all know where the weight comes from: poor eating decisions, getting older, not taking care of our bodies. I gained 20 pounds between May and August last year, this is after losing that 20 pounds over the course of a year. Imagine my dread! Now I'm back at it, started in November! You can do it! Hard work and dedication will get you there! :)
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    My weight was underweight or healthy most of my life. Took off the baby weight after the kids. Then in my forties stress went up, single parenting and metabolism slowed. Over the next 10 years the weight just kept creeping up. Tried weight watchers-was hungry ALL the time and scale did not budge. I'm pleaded with my progress here. We have a contest at work and I'm on a weight loss-pinch test team for 3 months. Pleased to see the scale getting lighter.