HRM Suggestions

Options
2»

Replies

• flattsfan22
    flattsfan22 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I ended up buying the Polar FT7F from walmart online. They had is priced well. I will check things out when it arrives but could find no difference between the FT7 and FT7F exept the FT7F is the female version of the FT7. It should come in the mail today or tomorrow so I'll let you know what I think of it.
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I'm confused... I looked at the ones one of the running shops around me has (looking online as they're closed now) and they have the watch-type models, but then they also have something called a "wearlink+" that looks like a belt. Do you need BOTH things?
    The wearlink is the part you put around your chest to measure your heart rate. The watches come with one but they can wear out after a long time of use. So, you can buy them seperate from the watch as well. Also, the watches come with one standard size so you can purchase different sizes.

Ah thanks. That explains why it was so much cheaper. :( Why do the things we need have to be so expensive? :(:(
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I have the F4 and I love it. The thing the F6 has over the F4 is the F6 locks info from someone else's HRM from interfering and giving a bad reading. If you work out in a gym or something, that's a good feature to have. I work out at home mostly, so I don't need that. I think there's about a $10 difference in price between the two.

Obviously, the more expensive ones will have more features, so it's all about what's right for you and what you want to/can spend.

EDIT: The F4 has the plastic chest strap, but I don't feel it at all. It's very comfortable (and also waterproof).