Loose more then 2 lbs a week

Options
Is there a way to loose more then 2 lbs a week even though it isn't recommended. Also, does any one have any suggestions for self motivation or tips of good work out plans? Thanks:

Replies

• Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    You can certainly lose more than two pounds per week, but its not healthy, and the faster you lose it, the more likely you arre to put the weight back on. If I were you I'd focus on being healthy and not so hard on yourself about the weight. You don't want to put yourself into starvation mode.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You can set you caloric goal manually. but that being said I noticed you only have 15 pounds to go to your goal weight. You should actually be setting yourself up of 0.5 maybe 1.0 pounds/week with such a small amount to lose. Being close to your goal your caloric intake should be closer to your maintenance, if not there is a good chance you will lose muscle not just fat.
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Sorry to tell you this, but at your weight, it'll be tough to even lose 2 pounds a week. But eat LOTS of vegetables, cut down on breads and sugars, keep your sodium intake low, and drink more water than you thought possible, and it will come off... how quickly depends on your body, your current diet, and how active you are.

Good luck!!!
  • sedwards2010
    Options
    As far as loseing body fat, weight training with some cardio is best. Muscles work off body fat the best. It wont show it as much on the scale, but in your clothes it will. Just dont push yourself too hard. Know your limit, and stretch before and after working out. And also drink lots of water, poweraid Zero is also really good for working out.

Good Luck.
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have been working out for a week and 1/2 and lost 4lbs so far. I know healthy is only 1-2lb a week, but I think your weight can really change. The more weight you have to lose, the quicker it will come off. the closer your body gets to its ideal weight, you usually hit a wall, and have to find ways around it. I know around that time a month, I can weigh up to 2-3lbs more. and then after its over, I'm back to where I was. Just focus on burning more calories.

Also the quicker you lose it, the more than likely some will come back.
    a few months ago, I lost 14lbs in less than 3 months. I was like, this is great. but then I hit a wall. and I ended up gaining, 9lbs back. that can be more depressing, than only losing a little here and there.
  • Prnculrich
    Options
    Yeah ive lost 100lbs since January this year and I hit a wall and l cant seem to get around it. Be on a plateu for about 4 weeks now.
  • heidisue84
    Options
    thanks for the information...I am doing cardio plus strength by using my total gym...I really enjoy it but don't know if it is enough cardio...i guess i just have to be patient
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Long-term, more low-weight strength will do a lot more for you than more cardio.