slimming world vs weight watchers vs rosemary conley

Options
hi there my name is Laura and I am just needing a bit of help. I was wondering if anybody uses slimming world, weight watchers or rosemary Conley? and what you thought of it? I am wanting to join a group and all three and near me but I am unsure which to join. I have friends that go to each, but I need to do what is right for me so any advice helps or tips would be appreciated. Thank you xx

Replies

• Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    I'd ask your friends about their experiences since you can better gauge how people similar to or different from you feel about each of them. Also, do some online research about the methods of each and try to determine which would fit YOUR personality and needs. I don't think anyone can really tell you what's best for you since you know yourself best.
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Are any of your friends following their diet plan completely? If so, I'd pick to go with that friend so that you are getting the most out of your local support circle. I think for the most part, all plans are teaching the same thing (less calories in = weight loss) but having someone in your corner makes all the difference. Group support really does help, so that's great that you are looking for that. :)

(I used to go to Weight Watchers with a friend who wanted to go out to eat at a Chinese buffet after the meeting since we had a "clean slate" with a new week ahead of us. UGH.)

One good thing with Weight Watchers is that they have the smart phone app (Android and iOS) as well as their website - so they make it easy to track your food and exercise. I also like that Weight Watchers emphasizes protein now (compared to earlier programs). I don't know about the other programs. :)
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do any of them. For me, I'm just cheap and that's money to put towards my new wardrobe. The ultimate reason, none of them really show nutritional values. I'm not 100% sure about RC but WW and SW use points or syns. Doing it that way, you have no idea how many calories or macros you're getting. I have lost all my weight using my fitness pal and when I get to maintain, I will know what is in my foods and what size it looks like. I know that you will have an idea of portion on any of the plans but I would rather count calories, not points or syns or whatever.

If one of them would work for you then that's down to which appeals to you most but choose one that is going to be sustainable. I think something like less than 20% actually maintain after reaching goal with these plans! that's not enough for me.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    From what I read on your profile, it seems that you need terrific and supportive people around you.
    Lets face it, you can lose weight & inches using MFP to log your calories and exercise alone, but it appears that you would benefit from the social aspect of a group.

I suggest that you attend at least one meeting of each to see which place makes you feel happier, more welcome and more supported. Pick the one that feels right for you.

Best of luck & best wishes.