Don't u hate it when......

Options
So, as I continue on my pathway to a healthier me and smaller waistline ;o), I have come across new little pet peeves....all related to my weight loss journey. They r as follows:

Don't u hate it when:

1) People tell u "You are fine the way you are, don't lose anymore weight" when u are 20+ pounds overweight
2) People bring fried foods, candy, cakes, pie, etc to your office OR home and tell you, "Oh that's right you are on a diet, huh?"
3)People question EVERY SINGLE OUNCE of food that you choose to put in your mouth. "Aren't u on a diet? You can't eat that"
4) People tell u to eat this (HUGE PIECE OF CAKE or RACK OF RIBS) it won't hurt anything.
5) People tell u that "YOU MUST EAT RABBIT FOOD, HUH?"
6) You are borderline starving and go to eat your healthy snack (i.e baked chips or WW cakes) and you find that your significant other OR co-worker has eaten the last snack!!!!

Trust me, there are waaaaaay more; however, these are the ones that I had to deal with this week alone. IT's ONLY TUESDAY!!!
Do you have any similar peeves?

Replies

• reinventingandrea
    Options
    I agree! I really hate when someone says I look fine the way I am because for one thing, NO I don't look fine like this and another thing, it's not just about looks, it's about health. Yeah, and I hate too when I reach in the box of my snacks and the box is empty because someone else helped themselves to it. I think I'm going to start hiding all of my diet snacks. I'm not trying to be greedy it's just that I can't dive into their candy bars, french fries, etc.

I feel ya on this one!
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    LOL to number 6. I bought a bag of sweet potato chips a couple weeks ago and my boyfriend liked them so much I didn't even get any! They were gone in 2 days!
  • dancingnish
    Options
    I totally agree!

When people tell you, 'oh you look fine the way you are'. i know they are trying to be nice, but seriuosly? the truth would just be so much better!!
  • GingerDarlene
    Options
    They are afraid of your change, because they know they need to change too. Do something good for yourself and try with all your might to ignore the bad.
  • xcbballuver
    Options
    I feel your pain>> People tell me i dont need to lose weight but I do :O
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Or when you reach your goal weight and even casual acquaintances say "You aren't still losing weight are you?" or "You're too thin."
  • mariloulav
    Options
    My pet peeve is:

My boyfriend replacing dinner with a whole bag of ketchup chips and beer regularly as in mostly everyweek and sometimes more than once a week while I try to loose weight, eat healthy and exercise.

It is not only the temptation it provides me, but also for health reason. Even though he is skinny as a stick this cannot be possibly good for his health.
  • sunnie5468
    Options
    that is so true and i see all those happening all the time lets be honest with each other from now on sometimes this truth hurts but its best
  • sunnie5468
    Options
    i feel your pain my husband can eat anything and never gain a pound he loves fried food and smokes what to do what to do gotta keep the hubby happy
  • cozyann888
    Options
    Oh , Man my mother in law and sister in law drive me crazy. I will be over at thier house and someone will say wow, Cosette you look like you have lost weight and before I can open my mouth My mother in law will loudly say yeah she's not eating or shes starving herself so she can be skinny.. when in fact I am not starving myself but working my butt off and eating healthy to lose this weight..
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I agree totally - especially the one "you don't look like you need to lose weight." I want to say, "Well, I am 50 plus pounds over what is considered a healthy weight. How far over weight do I need to get before I "should" need to lose weight?" I mean - really - isn't it my opinion that really counts?
    Thanks for posting and allowing the rest of us to vent.

Vickie
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with mariloulav! My husband comes home and says "let's just order pizza" when he KNOWS I have to plan ahead (majorly) to indulge even a little. We were invited to a birthday party this weekend, hamburgers & brats at 3:00 p.m.--and he HAD to have his 11:00 a.m. brunch out at a restaurant. That meant I either had to eat 3 meals before 4:00 p.m. or wait on my breakfast until the 11:00 a.m. brunch, even though I was up at 6:30. And all of this while I was trying to make sure I had enough calories to spend at the birthday party that I wouldn't be a stick-in-the-mud. I don't mind adjusting to NORMAL requests, but that one was bizarre!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    "You're going to waste away!!!" Um... I'm still 20 lbs overweight and I'm going to waste away? You're full of $h|+.
  • kmparks24
    kmparks24 Posts: 198
    Options
    Can TOTALLY relate. I ran an 8k this past weekend at the Oceanfront, and me and the beau decided I deserved a 'cheat day'. Well, my cheat day consisted of a Turkey Sandwich from my favorite local Sandwich shop and a Cupcake from my favorite Bakery. Considering I burned quite a few extra calories running my 8k, i figured those items wouldn't hurt. That night, we go to Lonestar. I order grilled chicken, baked sweet potato, and a wedge salad (with Ranch. Y EP, RANCH). So, my salad comes out and the beau is like 'DAMN, that's a big salad!'. Wrong button, Buddy. LOL, It's a wedge of ICEBERG Lettuce. Zero nutritional value. I'm basically eating water. OH, I forgot to mention this was said after I decided to have ONE tortilla chip with Queso dip. To get my dip I scooped with a spoon to actually get some cheese on my chip. Comment? "Damn, baby. You know how to do it".

Looking back, he meant no harm, but I took it WAY to personally! Needless to say I lost my appetite, boxed my food up after my salad, and brought it home. After logging my calories for the day, I was WAY under what I needed to consume after running that 8k.

My thing? Don't tell me I need to cheat every now and then when you are going to comment on my every move! :huh:
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    I don't like that people think there is some trick. The comments of "yeh, she never eats" or accusations of starving themselves people get are beyond me! Some days I feel like all I do is eat!

My parents have gotten on the diet bandwagon and lost a ton of weight as well. They're going visit my grandmother soon and she told them "Bring that diet with you when you come, I need to lose weight." WTF? People really don't understand that it's not mail order meals or shakes or some pill. Bring eating right with me? "Um.... Okay.... I'll eat healthy in your presence. Is that what you mean?"
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    ComfortFoodAddict Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Hey sweetie... lol you absolutely read my mind... Time for me to vent lol

I absolutely hate when I try to be strong, explain to him how hard it is for me to be strong and eat/exercise right... he will fix a huge bowl of ice cream or sit down with a family size bag of chips and dip and proceed to say "here baby, want a bite?" while shoving the chip/spoon at my face. Then, as soon as I do indulge a little he says-"guess you aren't dieting today"

I have litterally cried myself to sleep after fighting with him over this. He doesn't care. He weighs 145 on his heaviest day, doesn't exercise, eats ice cream-chips-sodas-hamburgers-pizza-fries-toater struddles all day everyday.

Plus he tells me "I love the way you look. If you didnt lose any weight I would still be just as happy." I call BS cause I know last time I lost a significant amount of weight, he couldn't keeps his hands off of me... and he was always complimenting me on how great I looked... grr men