Struggling Diabetic

Options
I went for my diabetic check up and found out (shock!) the doctor wants me to lose weight! I lost about 20 last year, but have gained it all back. I am hoping actually seeing what I am putting in my mouth might make me more motivated. Any and all support will be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Michael287
    Michael287 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was also shocked with I visited the doctor, and I'm on the same boat as you. You will absoutely love this site. But I gtg, my flight is about to leave....lol Add me if you want!

Michael
  • MEMA5
    MEMA5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    :smile: HI THIS IS A GREAT SITE, VERY SUPPORTIVE, NO NEGATIVE COMMENTS. FIRST I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF U ARE FOLLOWING THE LATEST GUIDELINES FOR DIABETICS? COUNTING CARBS,FREQUENT CHECKING OF UR BLOOD SUGARS.ON THIS SITE IT IS REALEY EASY TO COUNT YOUR PORTIONS AND STILL EAT HEALTHY AND FOOD THAT U LIKE. ALSO IT DEPENDS IF ARE ON INSULIN OR ORAL MEDICATIONS. ONCE YOU HAVE THIS IN PLACE NOW U CAN START YOUR EXERCISE PROGRAM. THIS WILL ALSO KEEP UR BLOOD SUGAR IN GOOD PERAMETERS. YOUR EXERCISE PROGRAM IS WHAT EVER U CHOOSE THERE ARE SO MANY THINGS, THE SIMPLEST, WALKING BUT U CAN FIND SOMETHING THAT U LIKE. I MYSELF WALK, DO Wii SPORTS, RIDE A STATIONARY BIKE.. WELL I HOPE THIS IS SOMEWHAT HELPFUL PLEASE FEEL FREE TO KEEP IN TOUCH AND THE BEST OF LUCK TO U..

1054310.png

2/26/10 214.6 8/2/10//10 190.0 "GOT LONG WAY TO GO
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome:
    I am type 2 diabetic so I know where you are coming from.
    Watching the carbs of course is a must. Keep your protein and fiber
    a little higher and you should be okay. Great support on this site.
    Good luck.