Unmotivated

Options
I feel soo unmotivated today. i feel like i will never lose that weight and its just a far off-dream I dont feel like going to the gym or running today..Someone please convince me to go to the gym!!

Replies

• stringcheeze
    Options
    Why not do something else today? Go for a walk, go hike a nature trail, do a workout vid at home, etc.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Why not do something else today? Go for a walk, go hike a nature trail, do a workout vid at home, etc.

I agree - I don't always feel like going to the gym, but when that's the case, I go for a nice walk/jog around my neighborhood. (Lately I've actually been walking/jogging outside more than I go to the gym.)

You'll feel SO MUCH BETTER if you get up and DO SOMETHING - get your blood flowing. Try to make yourself do something, even if it's just a short walk, every day. You'll start to not want to go without it!

In the end, you have to motivate yourself. No one can force you to do anything. Remind yourself why you want to get healthy but don't just talk the talk... you have to DO something about it!
  • gebona
    gebona Posts: 11
    Options
    Try just going to the gym without any expectations of working out...I know this sounds silly. It's okay to go to the gym and not work out, getting there is half the battle. You might be pleasent ly surprised that once you get there the environment will help motivate you. <hugs> and good luck.
  • stringcheeze
    Options
    In the end, you have to motivate yourself. No one can force you to do anything.

Not without a cattle prod anyway. :tongue:

Although for me, a fishing pole strapped to my head with a bit of chocolate dangling from the hook just might do it....
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    My friend (who just so happens used to be a military man & personal trainer) is now my trainer and he always says the key word is consistency. When you don't feel like going is when you most should.
    accountant_boi,stringcheeze, are right you know, if you really really can't go to the gym and just can't get the energy together to go, go for a walk. Something is better than nothing. any excercise is worth it because at least you made the effort.
  • xcbballuver
    Options
    Thanks everyone for helping me be motivated ! im going to the gym with a friend in teh afternoon. i find if i set a date with a friend to go i go to the gym more often with them :D