1st time Poster here!

Options
Hello all...I would like to say..This is a very Helpful site....I will tell you a bit about me, Im a 45 yr old Mom of two teenagers and was last year Diagnosed with Oral Cancer...I lost the ability to eat...lost a portion of my tongue and lymph nodes and a nerve in my neck went thru the Rad/Chemo treatments...and the GOOD thing in all this WAS..I lost 100 lbs!...I am so not gonna complain about that!!! ( Went from a size 18 to a 8). Now I have to just maintain my weight and document that I am getting 1500-1600 hundred calories a day...in Order to get off my Feeding Tube...and this is an awesome site that is making it convienient for me to do! I walked 5 miles a day before I got sick...so it has been easy to jump back on the treadmill again. I have a new Goal in Life to stay healthy! I have always tried to make the best of any situation I was in with a Smile on my Face and a Positive Attitude! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• KimS3
    KimS3 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello, I'm new to the site and need the motivation to get through this
  • son102
    son102 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello I am new to site today , been diagnosed with enlarged heart and high no and I need to take control of my weight. I have tried diets before so I an very optimistic . Hope to chat soon Helen