Running Shoes

Options
Up untill yesterday i was unaware of the significant weight difference between my street shoes adidas superstars 2.0 (3 lbs together)and any running shoe. I "Borrowed" my dads pair last night and it was like running barefoot. I guess i thought that they were just designed differently. So my question for everyone is, what running shoes do you wear / reccomend. I am going to buy some tonight.

Replies

• cmerritt923
    cmerritt923 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Go to a running store and have them evaluate your gait and arch. Or if none is near, go to Nike's web site. They'll help you determine the type of shoe you should get, and will even tell you the models they sell that will satisfy your needs.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    New Balance 460 with a gel running insole is what I wear.

I would get something and seriously look into an insole, the insole on most shoes (including my wifes $110 ones) the insole is paper thin, ones that breaks downt he shoes goes shortly after it
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You are right there are huge differences in how the shoes are designed. I have had an opposite problem. I have been wearing running shoes when I should have been wearing Aerobics shoes. They made a huge difference is how my feet felt afterwards.

I think the best thing to do is go down to your local Sporting goods store and have them fit you with the proper thing. It will make all the difference.
  • MMarcordes
    MMarcordes Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I agree with cmerritt - go to a specialty store and have your feet fitted to a good shoe. Everybody's gait and arch are different - so you need what's best for your feet. Good luck!
  • tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I wear Brooks (Adrenaline's), Asics are also a good running shoe, they just don't feel right on my arches but I have a few friends that LOVE them.
  • stringcheeze
    Options
    First, figure out the type of shoe you should have for your foot/running type. Try the Shoe Dog app at Road Runner Sports (http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/product/shoe-dog.jsp). This will also give you ideas of the type of shoe to look for when you purchase locally. Make sure they fit and check to see if there's a return policy -- you don't want to be stuck with a pair that might fit fine in the store but are murder on your feet once you set out.
  • JustBeckyV
    JustBeckyV Posts: 182
    Options
    I agree about the specialty store. I bought 4 pairs before finally getting a pair that was actually RIGHT for me! Of course it didnt help that I have a bunion and my feet shrank with weight loss lol But you will be happier if you get some to fit you and will have less chances of having trouble.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Either a specialty store OR any shoe website. I am a fan of asics but mizunos, saucony, new balance, adidas all of them have "shoe fit guides" after following some simple steps you can find a list of the shoes each company recommends from their line up for your foot type.
  • sunnyk8
    sunnyk8 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I wear Nike Lunarglide+