Lipo-B12 shots? Anyone doing these?

Options
2»

Replies

• Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I started diet with phen and B12 this week. First I did 3 day detox. High protein water veg and 2oranges a day. I lost 5 pounds. Then I get injection and phen up to 9 pound in less than a week. I know this will taper off but Wow! I am curious how much I can expect to keep losing dr said I should be able to loose a pound a day. I hope so. At least for first 20 lbs. I would like to loss 40 lbs in about 3 months

You do know it's all water right?
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    *cringe*

I know it's not popular...... at least not with the "I want it fast and I don't want to work for it" crowd...... but if you're eating 500-800 calories a day and taking these kinds of shots, have you really done your homework? Can you maintain once you stop spending hundreds of dollars, and no longer even know what "eating healthy" is?

This stuff scares me.....

I hope this wasn't directed at ME, considering I eat 1200 cals a day and work my *kitten* off for every pound that I have lost. I'm not looking into some kind of fad diet like that DrB diet thing.. I just wanted some information on the Lipo B12 shot that my physicians office is currently doing.

I am willing to bet that if you eat at such a calorie deficit and exercise the way you do, you would lose the same weight without the shots. I commend you that at least you don't go to such a crazy and low calorie level.
    They were a big fad here in Mexico 10-15 years ago , but are outlawed now , because the whole regimen invited people to eat at starvation level ( and yes, I know what I am saying and am not using the word lightly.......but 500 calories when taken in over month is eating in a way that induces starvation ). Several people had heart attacks and a few died due to irreversible organ failure . Plus, the whole fad fell out of fashion, because no one could sustain this way to eat and due to lack of good information and nutritional savvy, people gained all their weight back .
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    *cringe*

I know it's not popular...... at least not with the "I want it fast and I don't want to work for it" crowd...... but if you're eating 500-800 calories a day and taking these kinds of shots, have you really done your homework? Can you maintain once you stop spending hundreds of dollars, and no longer even know what "eating healthy" is?

This stuff scares me.....

I hope this wasn't directed at ME, considering I eat 1200 cals a day and work my *kitten* off for every pound that I have lost. I'm not looking into some kind of fad diet like that DrB diet thing.. I just wanted some information on the Lipo B12 shot that my physicians office is currently doing.

I am willing to bet that if you eat at such a calorie deficit and exercise the way you do, you would lose the same weight without the shots. I commend you that at least you don't go to such a crazy and low calorie level.
    They were a big fad here in Mexico 10-15 years ago , but are outlawed now , because the whole regimen invited people to eat at starvation level ( and yes, I know what I am saying and am not using the word lightly.......but 500 calories when taken in over month is eating in a way that induces starvation ). Several people had heart attacks and a few died due to irreversible organ failure . Plus, the whole fad fell out of fashion, because no one could sustain this way to eat and due to lack of good information and nutritional savvy, people gained all their weight back .
    Very scary.
  • happyt72
    happyt72 Posts: 1
    Options
    I usually don't comment on these things but I feel compelled to voice my experience. There are no quick fixes for losing weight. Weight loss comes from healthy eating. I have done the B12 shots. I was B12 deficient, so I figured it was a plus for me if I lost weight while doing them. I did not change my diet and I did not lose weight. I went 3xs a week for a month. I have tried the lipo with B12, worked myself to death at the gym and did not lose weight. Being overweight is not a fun thing! However, it took years of not watching what I ate to get to the place I'm at. The only true way to lose weight is to watch what you eat, drink plenty of water, and exercise. You should not lose weight quickly because it is not good for your body. I wish everyone with this struggle the best of luck on their weight loss journey.
  • TTuret
    TTuret Posts: 1
    Options
    I have had the Lipo-B12 injections and I loved them. I came across this thread while searching for where I could find it again.

Last year, I dropped a lot of unnecessary money on a weight los program on HCG with Lipo-B12 injections. I lost 0 lbs. BUT I loved the Lipo-B12.
    I don't have anything to compare it to but I'm pretty sure that it's probably the same as Vitamin B12 injections. You do get energy boosts and feel very good; but if you are looking to know if it helps with the weight loss; it did nothing of the sort for me.
    Now, 1 year later I have lost 37 lbs. on my own. My diet plan has been Slim Fast and Lean Cuisine. This is what works for me but it's not my long term regimen.
    However, out of my entire experience I can say that Lipo-B12 injections does work, for energy.
    I hope this helps. Best of luck.
  • cnickolem
    cnickolem Posts: 15
    Options
    I've been taking them for the last 8 weeks, I've lost 12lbs, not as much as expected but I feel awesome! I have energy, I don't snack as much, overall I just feel better, I used to stay so tired all day everyday but it helped. I also suffer from chronic back pain and arthritis in my neck, back and hands (im 27) and it has improved tremendously, I've been able to cut back on my meds too. But the shots are just to jump start your diet, I believe your body gets used to it like everything else.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Since the OP has lost a grand total of 5 pounds in the 4 years since this was originally posted, I'm going to borrow a response from another thread:
    NO