Bedtime protien shake

Options
Even though they are low carb I'm reading they still spike insulin?

Replies

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Do you mean having a protein shake before bed, or is this some kind of specific shake? I have a protein shake every night before bed because I work out in the evenings. It hasn't had any effect on my weight loss whatsoever - I'm guessing that's what you mean by spiking insulin, that it would slow weight loss.
  • whitemink1
    Options
    I'm using the my protien brand and always use a whey powder to make a breakfast smoothie with almond milk and frozen summer fruits, I read before bed was very good for continuing to build muscle mass and losing fat, so I bought a bag of their 'bedtime extreme' I'm mixing this this the almond milk (it's the unsweetened variety) and 10g of flaxseed as I've also read an extra portion of natural fat boosts the protein, been doing this since new year and got a bit demoralised tonight as I read lots of conflicting articles about the shakes spiking insulin!! (Which would of course prevent weight loss)
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    For ME, a protein shake and night did not stop calories in vs calories out working it's magi... maths. :)