Anyone else using a Vitamix for soups and smoothies?

Options
Guamybear
Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
I have had my vitamix for years but am trying to use it more than before. I have started making some soups in it which have been fantastic along with some smoothies.

Are there any others out there who are using their vitamix to aid in their weight loss and how has it worked so far?

Replies

• knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I drink a green smoothie almost every day. It's not because they're my "diet", I just like them and account for them in my calories. Sometimes I'll add protein powder but usually it's just fruit and vegetables. I also use it to make pancake and waffle batter. It's especially great if you're using whole nuts or grains in your batter because you just throw it all in there.
  • cactuswax
    cactuswax Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Oh Vitamix, how I love thee... I make the following on the regular:

• Almond milk x2 per week
    • Soup - butternut, cauliflower, lentil so far. Just be careful of escaping steam when you're done blending :)
    • Post-workout protein shakes - powder, bananas, kale etc etc
    • Margaritas - oh yeah!
    • Hummus hummus
    • Almond Butter, Walnut butter
    • Smoothies galore!
    • Banana ice cream

That baby will handle any and everything you throw at it... I feel like it's perfect for dieters or health-conscious folks. Plus its just fun to experiment..!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I did the broccoli cheddar soup last nite and chicken and rice for lunch..they were sooo yummy and filling.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,970 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have a vitamix and use it constantly, but I can't really say that any kitchen appliance has helped me per se.