Can Eating the Same thing make you plateau?

Options
So I have decided to avoid foods that I am allergic to (Wheat, certain veggies and fruit) and foods that I can not seem to digest (meat, dairy I have LGS). This leaves me with a very limited field of options.

Although I am eating my caloric intake (sometimes my net calorie intake revolves around 1000 since my mode of transportation is a bike) and a majority of my exercise calories, I am still getting the protein, fats and nutrients that I need. I am concerned that with the pattern of eating the same food that my weight loss will stall soon. Will that happen if I eat the same foods every day? My diet is like 60-80% fruits and veggies by the way.

Replies

• MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I am concerned that with the pattern of eating the same food that my weight loss will stall soon. Will that happen if I eat the same foods every day?

No, assuming you maintain a caloric deficit.
  • TeresaB1979
    TeresaB1979 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    No, eating the same foods will not make your weight-loss plateau. One you are eating at a caloric deficit you will lose weight no matter what the foods you are eating are.
  • hwoeltjen
    hwoeltjen Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    No, you aren't going to stall because you eat the same things every day. I have been on the same diet for months now with no plateau at all.

You may see your weight loss slow down as you lose weight. That is merely because your BMR is decreasing as your body mass decreases.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't think so. It's more important to eat around the food allergies than to lose fast. ( I have some issues there too.) If you do hit a plateau, changing up your exercise might help, but I think you're going to be fine. :drinker: