Triple Digit Goals??? TV shows skewed my weight loss reality

Options
Hi Folks! This is my second go round with MFP, my first one ended when I lost 20 pounds and got frustrated with the slow (but appropriate) amount of loss. Sadly, Television has skewed my view of realistic weight loss and I was hoping (ok demanding of myself) that I could lose double digits each week JUST like on TV but without being medically supported, having a personal chef, or a personal trainer working my booty 6hours a day...
Now, I'm looking for like minded MF-Peeps who have 100lbs or so to lose, who can keep my silly self realistic since my life does not involve a personal trainer, personal chef, or even 6 hours a day of awake time NOT at work in which to sweat. :) All friends welcome!

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    It took me a whole year to lose 20 lbs. Real life is nothing like "The Biggest Loser."
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I just went on a rant about these shows on FB not too long ago! I lost my 70lbs over a period of 9 months and have kept it off for over 20 yrs. Sending FR now :)
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I started out the same size as some of those folk and first the first week or two, I lost 3-5lbs a week and then settled into 2lbs a week. Now with only 15-20lbs to go, I am only try for about .5lbs a week. Rapid weight loss is less sustainable and I like to eat as much as possible while still progressing.:bigsmile:
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    My first go around, it took me a year and a half to lose 88 pounds (about 1 pound per week on average). Now that I'm relosing the weight I gained back, I'm making it a goal to lose 1-2 pounds a week. Anything more is just bonus and I'm good with that. Losing slowly was healthy and reduced the amount of saggy skin I had since my body had time to adjust to the gradual change. I'm now 39 pounds from my goal of an even 100 pound loss and super excited. It will take time, but I don't mind.
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    My current philosophy is on my profile - check it out. If that suits you for a friend - friend me. My current motto is slow and steady flexibly. I've let go of most of my rules and just try to keep it within a liveable limit.
  • Mellykm
    Mellykm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I completely feel the same way!