Lose 10lbs in 10 weeks?

Options
My quarters at school are 10 weeks and I plan to run at least 2x a week, 30-60 minutes each time, throughout this quarter. I'm going to be doing the couch to 5k program.

I've decided that my goal is to lose 10lbs in this time period, does that sound like a reasonable goal? I'm currently 5'3 and around 127lbs.

My goal weight is 110lbs. Are there any others ladies around 5'3 who have similar goal? Is 110lbs too small for someone who is 5'3?

Replies

• mniakm
    mniakm Posts: 12
    Options
    I think you can do it. But it might take a few weeks for your body to register that you have started working out and the body's first response is to "survive", meaning that when it senses you are expending more energy (from your workouts) than what you are intaking (how much foo you are eating), it will hang onto the body fat for dear life. This is what they call survival mode and this stops many normal people from actually dropping the weight. So, I would recommend that you be patient as you attempt this, however, this is not impossible. Just keep up with the routine, even when you see the scale not moving, just keep doing your workouts and continue to eat clean. Eventually the scale will budge and you will see results.

The other thing to do is avoid any body-shocking workouts and just simply ease into your new lifestyle changes. It is simple - eat right and exercise - there are no shortcuts. Be committed and carry on. You will see results, it might take a bit longer than 10 weeks (everyone loses differently) but at least the weight will not come back quickly the minute you eat a twinkie. Good luck!
  • maybyn
    maybyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    If I'm not mistaken, the weight you can maintain comfortably is the weight you were at after puberty (unless you were grossly overweight at that time), then add 1kg (2.2lbs) for every decade of living after your twenties.

As for being able to lose 10lbs in 10 weeks at your current weight, I think it's going to be difficult because you may be able to lose the first 5 easily, then it gets harder. You could try it and report back!