polar FT4 Help

Options
I got a polar ft4 for christmas and i just wanna know of ots accurate or not because i exercised on my bike for 10 minutes and it said i burned 50 calories but my polar said i burned 112..... which one is accurate?

Replies

• lizzie_093
    Options
    If you had the heart rate strap on, then yes follow what the polar watch said! that is more accurate that gym machines.
  • Blaster1618
    Options
    I used a polar F4 for 3 years and they are very accurate Just make sure you enter your personal info, because the default is a 5'-10" Male weighing 155 Lbs.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Polar ft4 is pretty accurate as it goes for HRM. I would trust it more than any reading you get from a machine you are using.

Reminding you that nothing is 100% accurate.

A steady cardio state is necessary for it to be as accurate as possible. Extreme weather will cause it to give false reading as well. Either cold or hot. Your heart will beat faster to either cool you down in the extreme heat or warm you up in the blistering cold.

HRM measure heart rates. Just because your heart rate is higher at times, doesn't mean you're burning more calories.