polar ft4 help please!!!

Options
I got my polar ft4 for christmas and i just used it today. I did 30 minutes on my bike and the bike said i burned 140 calories but the watch said i burned 340... thats a big difference so which one is right? I dont want to log 340 if thats not rhe correct amount and vice versa.

Replies

• kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I got my polar ft4 for christmas and i just used it today. I did 30 minutes on my bike and the bike said i burned 140 calories but the watch said i burned 340... thats a big difference so which one is right? I dont want to log 340 if thats not rhe correct amount and vice versa.

If your FT4 has the chest strap and you wore it, then the HRM is most accurate. Equipment is not overally accurate, especially if you don't put any of your stats in. The most accurate way is the HRM with chest strap.
  • purple180
    purple180 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    If your FT4 has the chest strap and you wore it, then the HRM is most accurate. Equipment is not overally accurate, especially if you don't put any of your stats in. The most accurate way is the HRM with chest strap.
    [/quote]

^^^^^^^^^^
    I agree with the above post go with the HRM. Did you input all your data into the HRM during set-up? I have the FT4 and I love it. Machines typically over estimate my burn but everyone is different. The HRM has a constant monitor on your HR unlike the machine.

Edit: Tried to quote the above post but it didn't quote right.
  • Reed286
    Reed286 Posts: 33
    Options

Yes i used the chest strap. It just seemed extremwly high! But thanks!
  • Reed286
    Reed286 Posts: 33
    Options

^^^^^^^^^^
    I agree with the above post go with the HRM. Did you input all your data into the HRM during set-up? I have the FT4 and I love it. Machines typically over estimate my burn but everyone is different. The HRM has a constant monitor on your HR unlike the machine.

Edit: Tried to quote the above post but it didn't quote right.
    [/quote]

Yes i put in all my data! Thanks!