Artic Zero Ice cream

Options
I just tried the chocolate and it tastes awful. Like cardboard. What can I add to it to make it taste better and not add too many more calories?

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Throw it out and buy real ice cream and fit it into your calories. That stuff is vile. :sick:
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I tried it about a year ago. We bought two flavors...we took a bite of each and tossed it.

I'm back to eating (albeit) low fat ice cream every night (well, occasionally the real stuff, but I keep the low fat at home).

Laurie
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Throw it out and buy real ice cream and fit it into your calories. That stuff is vile. :sick:

This!! I am typing this while eating a bowl of Breyers Chocolate Reese's cup ice cream... Buy the real thing and fit it into your calorie intake....
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options

QFT, Artic Zero is the worst thing I have ever eaten in my life. Like you I saw it in the store and seen 150 caloris for the pint, but could not finish it. YUCK
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Make your own low carb ice cream! It's possible to do so.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Ugh, that stuff is crap food.

Eat real ice cream. Figure out how to fit it in your diary. It has been my experience that a good 5 mile run is worth a bowl of ice cream.
  • ciki90
    ciki90 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I got the chocolate flavor and it does taste bad on it's own... But when I added it to my smoothies with some fruit protein powder, cocoa powder it was much better. It made a pretty huge shake too for low cals. But it's too expensive to just add into smoothies so I don't buy it anymore.
  • mjones6599
    Options
    HATED that stuff. It was disgusting and stupid expensive for a pint!
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Artic Zero is AWFUL.
    Don't waste your money.
    I keep skinny cow fudge pops at home and have full fat ice cream occasionally (once every couple of weeks) from my favorite place.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I just tried the chocolate and it tastes awful. Like cardboard. What can I add to it to make it taste better and not add too many more calories?

Throw it away.

That adds negative calories.
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    When I started out on my journey I had some of this. It reminds of of the "ice milk" my mother used to buy in the 70's when she was losing weight--gag.

I know their marketing is "hey you can eat the whole pint for 150 calories" or something like that. I decided to do what everyone else here seems to be suggesting. I went and got my Haagen Dazs and never looked back!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Just eat real ice cream less often.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Yes it does. I tried it once and that was enough for me to say, "ick!" and run the other way.

I can't eat real ice cream due to being lactose intolerant and processed sugar sensitive, so I eat coconut milk frozen desert. You can get it with just regular sugar or sweetened with fruit sugar. Personally I like the fruit sweetened much better than the regular sugar.

If you can eat real ice cream and don't have sugar issues, and binges are not triggered by eating real ice cream, just eat some but keep the portion under control.
  • GypsySoul_74
    GypsySoul_74 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    lots of times i just eat real ice cream. but i do keep a couple pints of arctic zero (only the vanilla maple flavor; the peanut butter & chocolate peanut butter i can't stomach) in the freezer for times when i'm extra hungry for sweets & need to limit sugar. i put a TBSP of PB2, 2 TBSP of cocoa powder and a tsp of maple syrup over half a pint and mix it up--tastes a whole lot like a peanut butter cup. also good with real peanut butter if you can spare the calories.

otherwise, cashews, pecans, raspberries, blueberries, marshmallows, sprinkles, oreos... sky's the limit! whatever fits your macros.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    There is a recipe online for healthy ice cream. It has bananas and chiocolate alomond milk and swirled PB through it. Tastes as good as premium ice cream
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    There is a recipe online for healthy ice cream. It has bananas and chiocolate alomond milk and swirled PB through it. Tastes as good as premium ice cream

No it doesn't.

Real ice cream is healthy. Eat that. Just eat less of it.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, real ice cream is just worth it. Just make it fit into your goals. I can think of zero reasons to ever eat Artic Zero. Not even worth the 150 calories for the pint.
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I bought my first artic zero. I got chocolate mint cookie. Taste was so so. Had like a tinge of flavoring. The texture was all icy and I didnt like it all. I cant imagine someone scarfing down a pint of this stuff at one time. I probably wont buy it again, but with this one pint ill probably spoon a little from it whenever I want a little chocolate taste.
  • Straitlover1965
    Straitlover1965 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    There was another thread here about a report that the calorie count was wrong. It's like double what's on the carton.