Too much??

Options
Here's yet another question: Am I getting too much fruit? I'm worried about my sugar intake, and I know it's just fructose and it's healthy sugar but I'm still a bit concerned. Here's my daily fruit intake;

1 cup of cantaloupe
1 cup of pineapple
A medium banana
A medium orange
A medium apple

Is this too much fruit? I'm worried about the sugar...

Replies

• pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    Are you maintaining ? do you feel healthy? are you getting enough protein? I think it's all about how that fruit fits you...
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    eat to live allows at least 4 fruit servings.

like the pp stated

if your trying to release weight.. keep a log of how the fruit is affecting that.. if you feel good and its not stalling you..listen to your body.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    one thing i would recommend switching out some of the fruits for berries.. they have the antioxidants. just a suggestion.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    You are eating too much only if you think you are.:smile:

Having a dietary plan is all about eating what you want within your calorie goals, whether you want to lose, gain, or maintain.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    The only thing I would note is that pineapple has a LOT of sugar and it digests very, very fast. It's like drinking juice, which is not great in large quantities. If you were going to change anything, I would think about switching that out sometimes with berries or some other fruit.

The fiber you're getting is great. But variety is always better.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Manage you macros, don't micromanage your micros. Are you hitting your protein and fat requisites with that kind of fruit consumption? Also, what is your veggie intake like? need to make sure you're getting all of your vitamins and minerals. I wouldn't be as concerned with the sugar aspect of it as much as I would be concerned about my overall diet and whether I was meeting all of my nutritional needs.

Fruit is great...but that is frankly, a lot of fruit right there....