Healthcare workers

Options
Anyone else in the healthcare field struggling to find time to exercise, the ability to control diet while wrapped up in patient care and always needing to be at the bedside, and not able to stay motivated? I say we motivate each other! Feel free to friend me, I'll do the best I can to help out and hopefully we can all stay positive!

Replies

• angelam82
    angelam82 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yep! It's especially hard when there is food and chocolates hanging around the ward. My husband and I are watching what we eat and I'm now trying to fit in extra exercise. I have started going for 5km walks on my days off and also mornings before afternoon shifts. I did try walking home after a morning, but I'm just too tired. I only live 5km from where I work.
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'm a social worker and deal with mental healthcare, does that count?
  • ahanksa
    ahanksa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I agree about the issues of putting our patients first and ourselves on the back burner!
  • pandamorous
    pandamorous Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm a social worker and deal with mental healthcare, does that count?

of course it counts!
  • pandamorous
    pandamorous Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yep! It's especially hard when there is food and chocolates hanging around the ward. My husband and I are watching what we eat and I'm now trying to fit in extra exercise. I have started going for 5km walks on my days off and also mornings before afternoon shifts. I did try walking home after a morning, but I'm just too tired. I only live 5km from where I work.

what about starting off with biking to/from work? It wouldn't leave you as tired, would take less time, and would be a good transition for you into the activity you'd like to get
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I think this is such a great idea. I work at a community college in NC, and we are just starting to incorporate physical fitness into some of our healthcare degrees ( not mandatory). This includes nursing and firefighters (first responders). Good luck to all of you!
  • avocadoshaped
    avocadoshaped Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Our hospital is now enjoying "The Good Life" also fries cost $8. I don't think we have a choice anymore.