My gym is closed this week :(

Options
I made it to the gym 5 times last week, but this week the gym is closed and I have to work late every night. Any suggestions on fun ways to squeeze in mini-workouts at work?

Replies

• Shawna35
    Shawna35 Posts: 65
    Options
    I share your frustration. The pool where I do laps is closed till the 13th. Why not look for the closest rec center that has a pool and try swimming laps?
  • laf0026
    laf0026 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    We had a group at work that did P90X during there lunch break. They used their computer projector and projected it on a big screen. We also have a group that walks the building over their lunch break and another group that runs up and down the stairs for exercise.
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    go walking
    go running
    try a fitness tape/dvd
    on demand on comcast has loads of fitness episodes
    ride a bike
    get a guest pass from friend's gym
    lift weights at home, if you have any
    try the park, like a school park, they usually have things for kids to climb on
    do push ups
    sit ups
    lunges

don't know your usually workout plan. i never heard of gym closing. wow. all the best.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    just try and get something in. even jumping rope is simple and burns some calories. maybe try and get your workout in the morning? i haven't had a gym since may and i still manage to work out at least 5 days a week.
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Get the most bang for your buck and do HIIT routines while you're at work. If you're not familiar with HIIT, it's basically picking an exercise, say running, and then going ALL OUT for a period of time, having a short recover time, then going ALL OUT again. Wash, rinse, repeat. You can google HIIT Running (or whatever activity you choose) and find all kinds of different regimens. Because you are going all out, the workouts are generally short. If you did a few a day, you'll probably notice a super duper awesome weigh in next time because HIIT burns the heck out of some calories and since it's outside of your normal gym routine, your body will be like WOOHOO NEW STUFF, LETS BURN SOME FAT (just like when they tell people who have plateaued to try a new exercise). :)

Good luck!
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Since I know you and happen to know you are off running 'til your heel heals, I might suggest evening walks? I actually don't know if you are allowed to do distance walking, but I enjoy it on my days off from running. Like today, for example, I was going to go to the gym and treadmill it up, but I pulled my achilles tendon so I'm going to take it easy and probably go for a walk. Or you could get a Wii Fit and have a bit of fun with your evening workout. :) Teehee. :) It's easier to play the balance games when you haven't been drinking... :)
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody for the great suggestions!