Diary of a Compulsive Overeater - Day 8

Options
hello, i am so sick. i have a sinus cold that moved into a chest cold, so i'll try to make this quick. yesterday was ok, aside from being sick. when i am sick, like most people i am a big baby. i went for breakfast int he morning before work and had a breakfast bagle and a little bit of a muffin and apple juice. i thought i was going to work for the whole day, but i got there and only managed to tough it out for 2 hours. i went home and had a nice long nap, and when i woke up i thought my head was going to explode.not wanting to cook, i ordered pizza, which i have not done since november, and i only had 4 pieces, which i have never done in my life. usually i have the whole thing, but not this time. at about 6 i was really hungry, and from all the coughing my chest was really sore. i needed ice cream. i know no one ever really NEEDS ice cream, but it was an ice cream kinda day. i went next door to dq, got a medium vanilla shake and ultimate buger meal and came back home. i know, still bad, but last time i went to dq i did way worse, so i guess it's little steps. plus i ate only until i was full, not until i was physically sick from eating too much. big bonus for me. so here is what that plan is for today.

breakfast:
probably nothing, it hurts to swallow
maybe banana

snack:
apple sauce

lunch:
leftover pizza if i can chew it

supper:
roasted sausages
mashed potatoes
broccoli
(this entirely depends on if i feel like cooking and can eat)

so, not the best day planned, but i figure i may as well be realistic. i'm not goign to throw out half a pizza, and i more than likely will get another milkshake at some point today because my throat is on fire, but i am not going to binge, just concentrating on feeling better. i have a huge craft fair on sunday, so i cannot be sick. plus work, i should go to that too lol. well, have a good one.

Replies

• ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    hello, i am so sick. i have a sinus cold that moved into a chest cold, so i'll try to make this quick. yesterday was ok, aside from being sick. when i am sick, like most people i am a big baby. i went for breakfast int he morning before work and had a breakfast bagle and a little bit of a muffin and apple juice. i thought i was going to work for the whole day, but i got there and only managed to tough it out for 2 hours. i went home and had a nice long nap, and when i woke up i thought my head was going to explode.not wanting to cook, i ordered pizza, which i have not done since november, and i only had 4 pieces, which i have never done in my life. usually i have the whole thing, but not this time. at about 6 i was really hungry, and from all the coughing my chest was really sore. i needed ice cream. i know no one ever really NEEDS ice cream, but it was an ice cream kinda day. i went next door to dq, got a medium vanilla shake and ultimate buger meal and came back home. i know, still bad, but last time i went to dq i did way worse, so i guess it's little steps. plus i ate only until i was full, not until i was physically sick from eating too much. big bonus for me. so here is what that plan is for today.

breakfast:
    probably nothing, it hurts to swallow
    maybe banana

snack:
    apple sauce

lunch:
    leftover pizza if i can chew it

supper:
    roasted sausages
    mashed potatoes
    broccoli
    (this entirely depends on if i feel like cooking and can eat)

so, not the best day planned, but i figure i may as well be realistic. i'm not goign to throw out half a pizza, and i more than likely will get another milkshake at some point today because my throat is on fire, but i am not going to binge, just concentrating on feeling better. i have a huge craft fair on sunday, so i cannot be sick. plus work, i should go to that too lol. well, have a good one.
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    So, your at day 8 and you are already doing better than day 1. Congrats!! Also, your leaving food and not eating it all, that's a huge accomplishment! Now try just eating until your not hungry anymore instead of eating until your full, and see how that works for you, that way when you get hungry again, you can treat yourself to a healthy but yummy snack later on! I think your an inspiration for sharing with us what your day is like and for already making improvements.Good job!!
  • dragonscapes24
    Options
    It's totally understandable to have ice cream when you are sick... you are doing great and recognizing that you have an issue is the biggest and hardest step of all... so right now just make sure to concentrate on feeling better... then when you do you can work on other things...
    Jenn