Kohl's Cares - Lake High School, Millbury, Ohio

Options
3babybeans
3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
I'm an oldie in these parts but have been pretty quiet on the boards in the past few months. Some of you know me, some of you don't, but I'm asking ALL of you for help in this matter. (I'm not sure if Mike is going to take this down or not...I may be violating some board rules here...)

I'm sure by now you've all seen ads for Kohl's Cares, "What could your school do with $500,000?" Well, my alma mater, the district I live in, the district my nephews & niece attend...we could use that money in so many ways.

You see, our township, our community, our high school...we were destroyed by an EF4 tornado on June 5th of this year. It came within a couple miles of my house, it literally skimmed over my SIL's house, my MIL & FIL suffered damage, 6 people lost their lives, so much was torn apart by this storm. The kids lost their high school the day before graduation.

ANYWAYS....if you have a facebook account, could you please vote for Lake High School, Millbury, Ohio in the Kohl's Cares campaign. We're in the top 20 right now, but need EVERY VOTE b/c it is a tight race with BIG schools. I graduated from there in 2000 with a class of 120. Not all that ginormo.

Lake High School, Millbury, Ohio - http://apps.facebook.com/KohlsCares/school/734811/lake-high-school?src=SchoolBitly

These are pictures I personally took on the first community cleanup day at the high school.

29192_1440126879640_1127083355_31268864_2616032_n.jpg

29192_1440126999643_1127083355_31268866_1855831_n.jpg

29192_1440126159622_1127083355_31268851_2128898_n.jpg

29192_1440126439629_1127083355_31268855_744434_n.jpg

More pictures can be found at this facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/sjbalsmeyer#!/album.php?aid=20892&id=142083285816234

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for considering doing this. It would mean so much to me to see our district, the place where I spent 13 years of my life, recieve this money. Little schools have big dreams, too! :heart:

Another district you could consider is Trace Elementary...http://www.facebook.com/sjbalsmeyer#!/album.php?aid=21101&id=142083285816234. Their school was burnt down by arsonists in July and we've been teaming up with them for voting purposes. Thank you!

EDIT: VOTING ENDS SEPT. 3 at 11:59pm Act fast! Thank you!

Replies

• janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Bumpity, bump, bump, bump!!!!

I've already maxed out my votes for today, but I'll help you keep it going...

Look people, this is really an awesome cause. Look at the pictures,,,, that could be your high school...

Thanks for your help..
  • 3babybeans
    Options

Look people, this is really an awesome cause. Look at the pictures,,,, that could be your high school...

Thanks for your help..

THANKS, Janie! :heart: I so appreciate the support.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options

Thanks for your help..

THANKS, Janie! :heart: I so appreciate the support.

XXXXOOOO - love ya sweetie... hope Lake gets their wish
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I remember you 3babybeans. I'll print this out and vote as soon as I get home. Good luck.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Thanks so much, Betty! I do appreciate it! :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    locked.gif

Whoops-- I mean, bump.gif

:devil: :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    locked.gif

I'll get you! I know where you live! :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    locked.gif

I'll get you! I know where you live! :laugh:
    Nubia_group_098-076.gif

ain't I a stinkah?

Bump, by the way.
    :wink:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    :laugh: Whatever you gotta do to help me out, I'll take it. :wink:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I just saw this pic for the first time & had to share it. This was taken recently...about 6-7 weeks after the tornado. A corn silo was destroyed about 3/4 of a mile from the school. The force of the tornado smashed corn kernels into the sidewalk cracks & into the yard of the school...even 3 miles away people have corn growing in their yards. The force of mother nature is not something to take lightly! :noway:

44519_147186955305867_142083285816234_320009_1695879_n.jpg
  • angelajiniel
    Options
    I graduated with 3babybeans. Thanks to all for voting. My sister goes to school there & they're starting this year in a borrowed building with no lockers and very little room. This would be a big help as the insurance money isn't going to go very far. Thanks so much!!
  • MrsMSG
    Options
    I also lived through this tornado....My DH and babybean's DH's are best friends, so this is his alma mater, too. We lead this race for weeks, then dropped to 20th place, then back up to 9th, and now 11th. As you can all imagine, it's been an emotional journey, and if we can just hang on until Friday....

Thank you all for your help!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I voted. I'll leave the printout in front of my computer so I'll remember to vote again tomorrow and through the 3rd. Good luck.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I voted. I'll leave the printout in front of my computer so I'll remember to vote again tomorrow and through the 3rd. Good luck.

That's so nice of you! I have to tell you , though, that you can only use 5 votes per school. :ohwell: Strict voting standards with this one so no return votes.

Some schools that I would suggest to use the other 15 votes on are Merritt Trace Elementary & Pius X high school. They have been great supporters for our school through this competition!

Thanks again, Betty! :flowerforyou: I so hope we can hold on through Friday!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I graduated with 3babybeans. Thanks to all for voting. My sister goes to school there & they're starting this year in a borrowed building with no lockers and very little room. This would be a big help as the insurance money isn't going to go very far. Thanks so much!!

*hugs* Thanks for posting, Ang! :heart:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I also lived through this tornado....My DH and babybean's DH's are best friends, so this is his alma mater, too. We lead this race for weeks, then dropped to 20th place, then back up to 9th, and now 11th. As you can all imagine, it's been an emotional journey, and if we can just hang on until Friday....

Thank you all for your help!

Thank you for posting, my dear! :heart: *hugs* "Emotional"...that's a word for it. :wink: :laugh: The tornado itself made me feel a lot of emotions, but never made me angry...this contest though, I can't say the same.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    As of this morning, we are ranked 12th! Wahoo! 2 days ago, we were on the verge of being pushed out of the top 20. Thank you so much to everyone that has voted for us and thank you Mike for letting me use this forum as a platform for the contest! I appreciate it all!

PLEASE keep voting. We have until Friday at 11:59pm to hold on. Stiff competition out there!
  • angelajiniel
    Options
    bump
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I voted many days ago but it just dawned on me I should use DH's FB account to vote as well HAHAHA I'm on it!!!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Lyn - YOU ROCK! Thanks, lady! :heart: