The definition of Insanity

Options
Hi All,

I was an chubby kid and overweight teenager reaching 204lb (i'm 5'7) at my highest. I was always active and fit but diet was a big problem for me. Through ww i slowly battled to reach 147lb at my lowest, but stabilizing at 154lb where I've been for a number of years. WW truly educated me about food balance and for that i'm grateful, however I've outgrown their diet. I am too informed these days to believe that an 100kcal 'diet bar' laced in sugar is good for my diet and a much bigger proponent of exercise and clean foods with some treats to keep me sane and life enjoyable. I really believe I've changed my lifestyle to a healthy one.

Here's my question - i never reached Goal weight... I never had that moment where I thought, 'yes, i'm where i wanna be'...so i feel like for the past two years i've been 'restarting' and 'getting back on it' and starting a 'big push' to finally get there which results in me losing a couple of pounds and then gaining them back but never reaching my ultimate goal (140lb). Hence the definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.

Anyone have an thoughts / advice on this? Is it just complacency on my part? I feel like i'm on the 25th mile but just can't finish the marathon!

Thanks in advance kind wise friends :)

Replies

• MeleahR
    MeleahR Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The only advice I can give is to not give up. It can take people years and years to reach their goals. Not all of us can be those instant success stories ;) I've reached my goals in "chunks" over many years, but I have yet to feel like I've "made it". But I will keep pressing on until I do. With that healthy attitude of yours you can at least know you are taking good care of yourself!
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    sometimes you just need to take a break on diet and just eat.
    i eat anything and still lose weight.
    add me up!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Is it a weight you want or do you want to look a certian way.

My weight is the last goal I have...and by that I mean I don't care what I weigh when I get the look I want.

Perhaps what you need is to think about that, instead of a number on a scale pick a clothing size or a Body Fat % and try adding in Strenght training.

There are a tonne of woman on this site that lift and "Look" amazing but their weight...well some woman would be agast at it.

Think about it this way I weigh 160lbs and wear a size 8....I am 5ft 7 as well.
    My friend who is 5 ft 4 weighs 125 and wears a size 6-8....

Why may you ask...my bodyfat % is about 4 points lower than hers...I lift weights...

to be blunt she is skinny fat...I am on my way to hard, slim and a size 6.
  • Csmcnevin
    Csmcnevin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I totally agree - I lifted a lot last year and was definitely smaller at the same weight. I also have completed insanity - stayed the same weight but looked 10lbs lighter. I let things dwindle recently (college / work / family stress etc) had my BF% taken recently and is was 27%.

I guess my question is... I have always believed in slow and steady weight loss ie. lifestyle changes but at this stage do i need to raise the bar? I'm nervous about doing something which feels unnatural just to put the 5/10lbs i lose straight back on.
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    slow and steady is healthier and you wont get that loose skin sagging compared to rapid pace weight loss.