Creamy Spinach Fries

muth3rluvx2
muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
Favorite fries - home made or frozen (chips would work too. I had left over fries)
Frozen chopped spinach (mine was left overs that my DBF had put a ton of butter in - the butter is optional)
1/2 pre-cooked chicken breast (mine was an over-grilled breast from a couple of days ago - can we tell this is a left-overs recipe?)
1 piece Laughing Cow lite swiss wedge
olive oil
bartolli alfredo
minced garlic
pepper
tomato

In shallow sautee pan, add finely cubed chicken, olive oil (to prevent sticking) and a couple of tbsps of alfedo, pepper and garlic. Stir frequently to prevent sticking, adding olive oil drops as needed until chicken is thoroughly warmed. Add spinach until that is thoroughly warmed, then toss in Laughing Cow wedge - stir until wedge is melted and thoroughly mixed in. Turn off heat, add chopped tomato and pile onto fries for a VERY yummy & healthy meal or snack. Cals & serving sizes TBD (I'd imagine the fries are the worst part!)

Sorry - I was too hungry to fight with a photo. LOL... but it's colorful - bright green & red on a bed of cream-color....

Prep time: 15 minutes (with pre-made food-stuffs)
from scratch: 20-25 minutes

Replies

• leesey1
    leesey1 Posts: 104 Member
    that sounds delicious, i am definitely going to try that!
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    1.5 servings of fries (approx. 27 fries) and 1.5 cups of creamy spinach stuff came out to about 390 cals. I had a decent sized plate of the stuff. I figure that equates to roughly 100 cals per half cup (fries & spinach). Not bad, huh?

Sometimes, only having leftovers to work with is a really good thing. ;-)
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    yum, saving for later, thanks
  • Oranda
    Oranda Posts: 121
    Sounds great. Will definately be trying this. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.