I need help: not loosing weight???

Options
HI, I'm really confused. I stayed under cal apart from 2 days this week and exercised hard every day jogging and at weigh in I put on 1lb??? How does that work. And, when I measured myself I lost about 2cm off all measurements, sadly about 6cm off my boobs. What is going on, I'm confused. Surely if my body has gone, my weight should have too?

Replies

• Bellydance
    Bellydance Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You must be doing something right if you are shrinking. Keep going and the pounds will start to drop along with your body shrinking. That's what they all say...........your measuring tape can tell more than the scale. Good going!
  • aliceofwonderland
    Options
    You could be gaining muscle, which is more dense than fat... so if you gain 2 lbs of muscle and lose 1lb of fat, you will weigh more but you will still be smaller.
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    If you muscles are sore you will hold on to 3-4 lbs of water retention. You are building muscle and the scale will move slowly, but the inches or cm will go down first. So stick with it and keep moving and tracking calories.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    You could be gaining muscle, which is more dense than fat... so if you gain 2 lbs of muscle and lose 1lb of fat, you will weigh more but you will still be smaller.

Highly unlikely to gain 2lbs of solid muscle in a week or 2
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Hey there :wink:

Just sent you a FR :flowerforyou:

It's hard to comment as we cannot see your food diary ... you say you went under the cals for the day but how much under did you go :wink: Also it might be the other numbers ie Sodium, Carbs etc you need to keep an eye on :happy: Also how much over were the other 2 days :wink:

It's great losing the cm feels so good :bigsmile: don't forget building muscle will weigh heavier but it all balances out after a few weeks :heart:

Keep going it's all good :drinker:
  • ABFeather
    ABFeather Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are building muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat but takes up less room so if the scale is not moving but your clothes feel lose, it's likely you are building muscle which is a good thing. You have to be patient and consistent with weight loss. My advice is to find both a cardio exercise and resistance routine you like and stick to doing these about 4 times a week along with dieting. You will eventually see results. (I have lost 22lbs doing this since Jan. 17th. I have about 5 lbs to go and I will have reached my goal.)
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options

But VERY likely that muscles are "confused" due to new workouts and the body is retaining water. It is so much more helpful to leave a positive comment along with the negative one. 'This or That' is probably not he problem, but perhaps you should consider _______. I am not trying to single out one person, I have just read a lot of negative posts lately ~ I think the point of a community is to help one another. :)
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options

But VERY likely that muscles are "confused" due to new workouts and the body is retaining water. It is so much more helpful to leave a positive comment along with the negative one. 'This or That' is probably not he problem, but perhaps you should consider _______. I am not trying to single out one person, I have just read a lot of negative posts lately ~ I think the point of a community is to help one another. :)

I would buy this, very possible, esp have a hard workout your body muscles can retain water
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    HI, I'm really confused. I stayed under cal apart from 2 days this week and exercised hard every day jogging and at weigh in I put on 1lb??? How does that work. And, when I measured myself I lost about 2cm off all measurements, sadly about 6cm off my boobs. What is going on, I'm confused. Surely if my body has gone, my weight should have too?

Yes, the boobs are one of the first areas to start shrinking. I was PSYCHED that I lost 4 inches when I went for a bra fitting after losing about 15 pounds (at the beginning of this whole adventure but before I joined on here). I say PLEASE TAKE MORE!!!!
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options

Yes, the boobs are one of the first areas to start shrinking. I was PSYCHED that I lost 4 inches when I went for a bra fitting after losing about 15 pounds (at the beginning of this whole adventure but before I joined on here). I say PLEASE TAKE MORE!!!!
    Great for you... I, on the other hand, have already lost 70 pounds and the around measurement for the bra may have gone from a 40 to a 36 ~ but the D girls haven't shrunk at all... GGRRRR!!! Wish they would.... reduction and lift in my future?? HaHa!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    IF you are seeing progress on your measurements, then lighten up on the scale numbers. Progress is being made and you WILL see it reflected on the scales too in time. Without seeing your food diary, hopefully you are eating enough (yes, I found that once I boosted my caloric intake up 300, when I was at 1200 a day, I actually started losing again), and not taking in too much sodium, and sugar. Hang in there and keep eating your required calories and working out 2-3 times a week; the weight will come off; it just is never as fast as we want it too! Celebrate your inches lost!
  • Hotbottom
    Hotbottom Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Thanks bellydance: I love your picture :)
  • Hotbottom
    Hotbottom Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all of you that took the time to answer. You all had the same kinda answer, so I guess that's what happened. Thanks for all your support, I really appreciate it. I'll keep going :) Your posts made me smile.
  • Bellydance
    Bellydance Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    1862579.png