Have to put the brakes on awhile

Options
Dr wanted me to see Gastro doc and Cardio Doc due to the panic attacks and nausea/heartburn etc. Im thinking no big deal. Went to Gastro Doc yesterday and Cardiologist today. Well the GI did ekg and scheduled me to go in on the 15th for scope, fine, no big deal. But Cardio Doc sent me home with monitor to wear 24 hrs, wants me in on the 8th for stress test AND echo cardiogram AND ABI (whatever that is) and then is also going to schedule Abdominal Aorta Duplex as soon as possible because supposedly a previous test when I was in the hospital with the panic attacks shows a narrowing or something. Sooo Ive got all these test scheduled and he says no exercise until the results are in. I can walk but no getting my heart rate up until all test results come in! Bummed out!!

Replies

• alwardt
    alwardt Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yikes. I hope everything works out for the best. A break right now is important to your overall health. Don't stress over the lack of cardio exercise. Walk, get good nutrition, and take good care.
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! So glad you are getting checked out. Follow the docs orders and keep us posted. Take good care...sending up a prayer right now for you!:heart:
  • animatedbecca
    Options
    Im really not worried at all, more aggravated because I thought I would just run in get a stress test and be released to work my butt off! Wasnt planning on all these tests and sure wasnt planning to be told to stop working out for now! The only thing Im really stressing over is he wants me to not take my med I take at bedtime tonight that keeps me from waking up in a panic attack.He pretty much told me if I didnt have an attack while wearing this tonight, he would put a monitor on me for 21 days. He wants to see what happens when I have an attack. Sooo Im pretty much guaranteed to have a bad one tonight! And if for some freak chance I dont, then it will be a 21 day monitor YUCK!!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Good luck.... I hate to wish you a successful panic attack tonight, but there it is..... stress isn't cardio, no matter how much the heart gets to racing....
  • animatedbecca
    Options
    Good luck.... I hate to wish you a successful panic attack tonight, but there it is..... stress isn't cardio, no matter how much the heart gets to racing....

Haha I love the best wishes on your panic attack! That should be on a Hallmark Card!
    Yes whenit hits ( always from a sound sleep) its breaking a sweat, heavy breathing and heart racing, but unfortunately doesnt burn calories....at least Ive never seen panic attack listed under cardio! Haha!
    Wouldnt recommend it as a fun way to loose weight...give me a workout over an attack anytime :)