In search of low carb protein bar, or other breakfast idea..

Options
OK, so I have been eating a kashi go lean crunchy bar for breakfast every day, yes everday for the past 6 months. I am getting a little bored with it. IT tastes good which is why I eat it, and it keeps me full. But it has so many carbs, does anyone know of a high protein bar, that #1 tastes good, is filling and is low carb? Not sure it if even exists... Need any other ideas for a quick, filling, breakfast with little or no preparation...

Replies

• ardaniels0417
    Options
    Does anyone have any ideas???? What does everyone eat for breakfast???
  • irchrismm
    irchrismm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein bars have low carbs (17-18) and up to 20g of protein. They are pretty inexpensive and I get mine from Walmart. I also Use Body Fortress Advanced Whey Protein Powder and make protein shakes.
  • lauralynette
    Options
    I like the oat fit oatmeal it is only 100 calories, protein shake that I add fruit too, sometimes I will have a fiber one bar, I have done the slim fast shakes as well, eggs and fruit, luna bars.
    but remeber you can "net" your carbs too subtract the fiber from the carbs. I think it is way better to try to go for a high fiber breakfast.
  • sherrilewis
    Options
    I really like the "thinkthin" bars and they are very low carb. These are my favorite. It comes in Peanut butter and Brownie Crunch and Fudge. It has 240 cals and 20 grams of protein and just a few carbs. I also really like the Zone bars and Luna bars. I just get whatever is on sale though and is low cal and full of protein.
  • ardaniels0417
    Options
    But do they taste good? What is the consistency of them? Are they easy to chew ? I cant stand the bars that are so thick that you cant even chew them easily?
  • johnmcc22
    Options
    i've been eating Pure Protein Chocalate Peanut Butter Bars, they are 20gram of Protien, taste great and 1 will hold me over til lunch, so far that is lol...Shopright has them for 1.39 , I also get them in Rite Aid for same price, most other places have them but they are a tad more higher.

Not sure about the carbs, don't have 1 near me.
  • sngnyrslp
    sngnyrslp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend eats EAS Myoplex carb control and says they're totally delicious.
  • ardaniels0417
    Options
    Never heard of that...thanks.SO you just subtract the # of fiber grams from the total grams of carbs??
  • lauralynette
    Options
    Never heard of that...thanks.SO you just subtract the # of fiber grams from the total grams of carbs??

yes it is about the blood glucose, high fiber foods do not send a spike of sugar like simple carbs. Look up the glycemic index and that should help explain it as well as give you a good idea of what is good to eat and what good foods to cut back on. I learned all about this after my husband got diganosed with type 2 diabetes (now fully under control and off of meds) and my trainer also said to go off of the chart.
  • jen_bersabal
    Options
    my favorite low carb protein bar is detour's low sugar caramel peanut bar with only 3 net carbs and 15 grams of protein! For breakfast, there are 2 cereals i swear by, first is the original hi-lo cereal with just 7 carbs a serving, and special k's protein plus at 9 grams a serving. also, about.com has a wonderful low carb section that has great ideas for low carb meals. I use plenty of those recipes and they are all fairly easy to prepare. good luck!