1 Year and big changes

Options
kerrymh
kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
So I figured I'd post, I have no idea how to do the pictures..so if you want to see the transformation there are some before pics and during pics in my profile now.
1 Year ago I had the strength and luck of becoming abstinent from my binge foods, it was in preparation for my lapband surgery. But truly it is my sanity. I have not eaten a chip/chocolate bar or greasy take out in a year and I used to do it every day. EVERYDAY enough for 4 people sometimes...so much so that one year ago I was 10lbs sigh of 400LBS!
I started going to OA and on sept 1/09 I finally started doing the work. With alittle help from a fluke illness that took my appetite away and my group I got abstinent. And i've stayed that way for 364 days.. (365 tomorrow). Since that day i've never looked back. I have become more active, I don't hide from people and have made some amazing supportive friends and recaptured old friendships. I have become stronger, more energetic, and a million times more positive. I've become open to a real health relationship. And I'v been starting to heal the relationship with my mother which was always hard due to my wt. I feel lighter..I am lighter. My skin is better, I am starting to beable to shop in regular clothing stores. I still have about 80lbs to get to my goal but right now I have lost 144lbs I would like to make it 150lb by the end of this month as thats my surgery date..but this is my real new birthday. My band is a great tool but I still have to have the strength to make the right choices..and thats where OA kicks in. Thanks for listening.

Replies

• ppennington
    Options
    Congratulations and you don't have to wait to look "hot".... You are beautiful.
  • I dont see the pics? Congrats and great job!
  • anewg
    anewg Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You are so pretty! Congratulations and keep up the fabulous work!:smile:
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    congrats to you! such and inspiration - keep it up!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    You are a beautiful woman! Congratulations on releasing the power of YOU!
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    GREAT story...so inspirational! And 365 days...WOW! That is amazing! Best of luck to you on the rest of your journey!
  • sorellabella
    sorellabella Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your year long journey, you look wonderful! Very inspirational.
  • cktb4him
    Options
    What strength!!! You are an amazing and beautiful woman! My prayers are with you as you continue your "new life" healthy and enjoying wonderful adventures!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and what a great testimony!!!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Kerry, you have made such a difference in your life and it is remarkable! 144lbs in one year is so incredible! You have turned your whole life around and are so much healthier now. Thank you for posting your before and after pictures, the difference in those pictures is astonishing, and it was great to see that. I am so glad you're on a better path now, you deserve a long illness free healthy life. You are an inspiration to us all who want to be on that same path. Congratulations on all your success!
  • DMK710
    DMK710 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am very inspired by your story....I say "YOU GO GIRL" that is fantastic. What a journey for you and thank you for sharing. This site is such a great tool for all of us to stay inspired by stories like yours and you should be so proud of your accomplishment.

This is a life long journey !!!!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Dang woman! I would love to be a fly on the wall when you first meet someone you haven't seen in a year! I sure hope you have recently updated your drivers license! Great job!
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that is so inspiring. Thank you for sharing your journey. I hope you reach all your goals.
  • Jamiecfc1
    Jamiecfc1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You're doing great, keep it going and never lose sight of your target! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!