Late night munchies

Options
Hi All, Ive been back on MFP for a week and have lost a pound, yay! Was hoping for 2 in the first week but hey ho. My problem is I am getting really hungry around 10pm just when I'm thinking about gong to bed. I have been having a slice of organic sourdough bread to stave off the munchies. I know I shouldn't be eating carbs at this time of night. What snack do others have id they get late night munchies?

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Are you going over your calories with the late night snacks? If you're within your calories, you can have whatever fits in your macros before bed. If you know you're going to want the carbs, pre-log it and make the carbs fit in your overall plan. I personally like bedtime carbs, they help me sleep. There's no science behind avoiding carbs at bedtime for weight loss, assuming it fits in your daily calories and macros.
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I was like this but have managed to convince myself its bad to eat at night because that's when I get out of control. However when I do get hungry I'm drinking a massive mug of green tea and it at least keeps me occupied..
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I was like this but have managed to convince myself its bad to eat at night because that's when I get out of control. However when I do get hungry I'm drinking a massive mug of green tea and it at least keeps me occupied..

To each their own, but I could not sleep properly with caffeine before bed!

I do realize, though, that lots of people aren't so sensitive to it.
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I agree with the poster that advised that as long as it fits into your calories and macros, there's nothing wrong with it.

If you're interested in other snacks maybe try something whole grain to add nutrition and fiber? Or maybe fruit or veggies? When I get the munchies after dinner, I'll snack on either some baby carrots or celery along with a tiny bit of light blue cheese dressing or a laughing cow wedge on wasa crisps.